primo vantage help please

Associate
Hi peeps , i bought my wife the primo vantage from Overclockers at Christmas but i have a question and what seems to be a problem with it and am looking for a bit of help please

firstly the question ...is there a Bios update available ?? i have been to the Asus web site and also used the update software from Asus but niether have returned any results , maybe i missed something but i cant find any update for the board ?? it would be nice to have an update as every time she reboots from the problem below the speakers pop and bang so loud it hurts your ears ...this happens way before windows drivers load ...it seems to be bios related , the speakers are Altec lansing ada 995`s that dont have hardware control of sound only software and its only at bios boot time the banging and popping is audible , i have looked in the bios for some sort of audio volume control but non is found , though tbh i have never seen audio control in a bios anyway

and now the problem we seem to be having .....when a device is plugged into either 2 of the front USB sockets the machine just locks up solid and only a hard reset will bring it back to life ??? ahh just done some testing coz she is realy annoying me and its her damn Philips HD 120 MP3 player that locks the machine when plugged into the fron USB sockets , i have no idea why , tested also with Scanner and that seems fine , any ideas why the Philips would lock the machine from the front USB`s only ??

any help and advice appreciated :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
have a hub running from a back usb and the machines software pops up a message about this is a slow conenction and could be faster

however i just plugged the Philips HD120 into another un-used USB on the back and all seems well ...no lock up and no pop up message from her software ???

wondering if the front sockets are different from the back sockets in any way , like usb 2 or 1 ???

Back
Top Bottom