Print quality for canvas

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting the below pic printed on canvas as a Triptych, with the aim to view from a distance of greater than 1m on large wall.

To maintain > 100ppi then I think 90*60cm would be the most I could go, the wall however is pretty big, just wondering if I'd notice much difference if I went up to 120*80cm at just above 90ppi?

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting the below pic printed on canvas as a Triptych, with the aim to view from a distance of greater than 1m on large wall.

To maintain > 100ppi then I think 90*60cm would be the most I could go, the wall however is pretty big, just wondering if I'd notice much difference if I went up to 120*80cm at just above 90ppi?
I just came across your post to ask the exact same thing - how did you fare with yours?
I have a shot that I took from my DJI Mini 2 so the quality is middling given the 12mp sensor - especially around the darker areas of the unlit cliffs etc:

I was hoping to print this on a size not too dissimilar from your thinking.

Soldato
Work out the total width of the canvas arrangement you like.

Divide the horizontal resolution (in pixels) by the width in inches. That will give you the pixels per inch of the final image, we'll call that P.

Now take a section of the image with detail 6 X P pixels square. Print it out 6 inches square and see what you think. If you're happy, the canvas will be fine.

Canvas has a texture that helps with lower resolution images so bear that in mind as well

Back
Top Bottom