Printing A2 Poster Online

Associate
Morning All

I have a map that I have generated in QGIS and want to print it on A2.

To get enough definition in the map I need to print it at >600dpi but I have had a couple of people tell me "that 300dpi would look miles better for a poster". Surely this is a load of rubbish, providing a printer can print at the required resolution, an image scaled for said resolution would look just fine?

I was going to use dscolourlabs.co.uk but they only print up to 300dpi.

Any recommendations for higher resolution services?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Its not a photo, its an image generated from shapefiles/gpx traces/DEM's, thus the resulting image can be made at any size/resolution. I've just found that to get the detail at A2 size, 600dpi is required.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Right, you can try here.

They say you can upload a 600dpi image, don't state what they print at though, might be drop them an email.

The reason people tell you 300dpi is enough, is because our human eyes can't see 600dpi at normal viewing distances, we can see between 200-300dpi usually.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Right, you can try here.

They say you can upload a 600dpi image, don't state what they print at though, might be drop them an email.

The reason people tell you 300dpi is enough, is because our human eyes can't see 600dpi at normal viewing distances, we can see between 200-300dpi usually.
Thanks for the great suggestion - theyre just around the corner from me and print up to 600!

Thats probably why people say 300dpi is "best" but this is a print thats very much meant for having a close look.

Back
Top Bottom