Printing Problems

Associate
Hi,

I have a problem printing atm on my parents PC. The printer wont print black at all. I have used two printers connected to the PC (A canon S600 and Epson 760), and both experience the same problem, leading to the conclusion that its not the printers at fault - both have enough ink, and nozzle cleaning utils have been used many times. I have tried two different parallel cables making no difference, and both printers dont display any problems on the PC, correct drivers are there etc..

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I assume it must be something to do with the PC, but cant imagine what, especially when everything appears fine. :S Its running Win XP, and is a XP3000+, 1GB RAM and Abit AV8 mobo.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you checked the port on the pc as if it is happening on 2 different printers with 2 different cables it must be a problem with the pc.Maybe a bent or dirty pin.

Last edited:
check the paper size is correct and you are actually sending the print job to the correct printer and not the MS Doc Image Writer if you have MS Office installed, this installs itself as the default printer and has caught my wife out a few time, not me of course ;)

Back
Top Bottom