Pro Cycling Discussion 2016

Caporegime
In other news, Poels won the ToB stage and Cummings has taken the race lead after Vermote lost 2 minutes on the Haytor climb. Cummings leads by 49 seconds over Dumoulin, who is likely to gain time in tomorrow's TT.

Soldato
ToB sounds really exciting today, an early breakaway, several chases and splits on some climbs followed by some shared chasing. Totally made up for Cummings though, would be amazing if he's got some left in the bag for the TT. He's not a bad TT'er and DD are a strong enough team for the upcoming stages. Fingers crossed!

Kudos to Vermote though, performed out of his skin to get where he was on GC. It was going to catch up with him sooner or later...

Can't rule out Dumoulin though, he's in some fantastic TT form. Lotto-Soudal with Gallopin and BMC also looking strong, Rohan Dennis has been on a mission the last couple of days!

Caporegime
Sky are going to have to absolutely batter the peloton and deliver Froome nice and fresh. If he has to do the work to get to the foot of the climb himself then I'd agree that he's buggered.

Soldato
OP
Sky are going to have to absolutely batter the peloton and deliver Froome nice and fresh. If he has to do the work to get to the foot of the climb himself then I'd agree that he's buggered.

Final climb tomorrow certainly favours sky's usual tactics. And looked like more of the movistar team put in efforts today for the team prize definitely going to be a cracking stage tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
all they have to do is sit there on skys wheels and wait it out

Easier said than done, Tinkoff and Orica will be working hard to move up/regain a podium place too I suspect. So it will be intriguing and there is a lot to play for. Not sure on the teams position as this could bring BMC into play too.

Back
Top Bottom