Pro Cycling Discussion 2016

Soldato
GB storming the UCI DH MTB World Champs :D

Indeed - what an amazing season from Rachel Atherton. Despite winning every single world cup race and also winning world championships and another Rainbow jersey - completing the perfect season - she'll still not get a mention in the list of honours for Sports person of the year etc.:(

Soldato
Yeah but it's DH, that's only a fun sport right? :p ;)

Kudos to Movistar, really showed Sky a taste of their own medicine with the control they had. Still not sure the Sky squad actually turned out for the stage, after their 'rest' day earlier in the week and TT lul efforts they should've been fresher than displayed?!

Movistar proved why they're still one of (if not) the 'top' teams (even without winning le Tour).

Absolutely made up for Cummings winning the ToB overall, supreme effort and rapidly turning into one of my favourite riders (at least when he's not sat at the back!). :D

Rohan Dennis a well deserved 2nd after some great rides too!

Edit: Groenewegen has been fun to watch, but couldn't match Caleb Ewan in the sprint.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah but it's DH, that's only a fun sport right? :p ;)

I wouldn't call the Val de Sole course Sunday fun to be fair, it was BRUTAL. several riders getting stretchered off with broken bones.

Laurie Greenland, first season moving up from Junior to Elite and puts down a stormer to get Silver too.

Crashes (sorry about the quality, only compilation I could find):

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha I know it can be brutal, I was joking! ;)

I've a couple of friends who DH and I always give them grief about having pedals and gears on their bikes! ;)

Soldato
Right, it's WC buildup time! Teams starting to be announced, Australia looking strong for my top tip of Ewan (given its a crit to finish, crosswinds should be ok and Germans are too disjointed.

Zak DEMPSTER
Luke DURBRIDGE
Mitchell DOCKER
Caleb EWAN
Adam HANSEN
Heinrich HAUSSLER
Mathew HAYMAN
Michael MATTHEWS
Mark RENSHAW

Will be fascinating to see who does the GB 2011 role of controlling the race. Can see Cav doing ok if it's a chaotic sprint like the Tour.

Soldato
OP
I reckoned cav will win this and have been saying so for about 2 months!

Also swift leaving team sky and joining whatever lampre will be called next year. Big move for him. Really hope he can bag some big wins.

Soldato
Ryan Mullen looking good up to now in the TT.

He looks super aero from the front and colour coordinated his Irish skin suit nicely with a green POC lid!

Soldato
Right, it's WC buildup time! Teams starting to be announced, Australia looking strong for my top tip of Ewan (given its a crit to finish, crosswinds should be ok and Germans are too disjointed.

Zak DEMPSTER
Luke DURBRIDGE
Mitchell DOCKER
Caleb EWAN
Adam HANSEN
Heinrich HAUSSLER
Mathew HAYMAN
Michael MATTHEWS
Mark RENSHAW

Will be fascinating to see who does the GB 2011 role of controlling the race. Can see Cav doing ok if it's a chaotic sprint like the Tour.

Steele Von Hoff in Adam Hansen out.

Getting ready for a sprint!

Soldato
OP
Good finish today I thought considering, going to be interesting tomorrow with the amount of twists and turn on the lap will have to have everyone on their toes and in the right position as the gaps really opened when a wheel was lost on the accelerations out.

Great win by Didreiksen against the powerhouse dutch team. Timed the sprint to perfection. Deignan did well to finish 4th

Soldato
Holland must be so disappointed- 10k of leadout (and lots of work earlier too) and then mugged on the line.

For me the men's RR is down to how the Belgians ride, will they force a strong late break with Boonen or GVA or wait for the sprint?

Stupid place for a race though - it looks like a computer game when they've spent all their time on the backgrounds and forgot to animate any crowd sprites.

Back
Top Bottom