Pro Cycling Discussion 2016

Soldato
Froome should be on the list.

Totally disagree with the no personality comment also. He is a drone on the camera, which is a failing in our media/ways of the Internet which means it's better to act a robot and not be himself so that there is less hassle and negativity bashed about all over the place. Which on the Team Sky way of thinking would be detrimental to their TdF campaign. So it's all part of the job, a job, which he is great at.
He's actually a pretty decent human being and the times you see him being a human being he is proper quirky and funny. Running up Ventoux was the funniest of things but smashing it to the line with Sagan in the green jersey and then that ridiculous descent attack.... I can't see how you can say the guy shows no personality. People say he looks weird on the bike and acts weird.... That's because he is being himself. Then they give him stick for having no personality/being boring.

I am not a Team Sky lover, not at all. But with Froome, people always quick to criticise no matter what the bloke does and I genuinely think the guy is a super human and we are lucky to see him race, especially for Great Britain.

It has been a super year for British athletes though but Froome has to stand out for winning the hardest race there is, again, and for his performance in the Dauphine & Vuelta.

Man of Honour
We should use this thread more, there is heaps of cool stuff all the time from the pro world.

You guys will love this one re: now retired Phil G on Strava smashing up climbs to take KOMs from a doper with some funny quotes from him - http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/retired-gaimon-goes-to-work-toppling-doping-tainted-strava-koms/

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed reading that and I think it's good that he's doing that. Ok, maybe it's a bit of fun for him as well but it's great to see clean athletes beating dopers even if it is (ex)pros vs amateurs.

Soldato
Going to rematch Paris-Roubaix over the xmas break - best race of the year for me. It's a cliche but Hayman does seem like one of the good guys. Crazy that he has 3 pro victories including a / the classic :)

Soldato
Quick-Step new kit is retro looking and snazzy.
Bora pretty dull. Nothing more to say. Just nothing really stand out with it at all.
Orica new kit I like with the bright flashes, their Foil race bikes look sweet! Much better than previous years white/blue editions.
BMC is horrific. Worst kit so far. Just all of it annoys me and makes me want to have an OCD rage hissy fit.
Astana is as meh as last year, just not keen on the light blue/yellow thing.
Lotto Soudal, not much changed. A nice simple kit, I like it.
Katusha, hate the team but their all red kit is nice. Liked last years better. The big "K" was cooler than that in your face Alpecin logo.

JLT kit is nice. Much improved from last years. Prefer their new colours.
Aqua Blue, I want to like it but it is boring. Another navy kit. Gold bits just remind me of WIGGINS.

Soldato
New kit day today for many riders!

Also the Bay crits are on in Australia. Three days of leg tune ups ahead of Nationals there, then into the TDU and the Cadel great road race (which was pretty good last year).

Caleb Ewen crashing in the final corner of the first crit. Couldn't see what happened on the footage, maybe rolled tyre or someone bumped him from behind, pedal hit the floor or rider error. He led into the final corner....

Soldato
found some footage from someone's phone uploaded to Twitter. He crashes just from too much speed, loses the front wheel and goes down holding up the next 2-3 riders.

Soldato
TDU starts this coming week. There's usually a sprint stage or crit as an exhibition on Sunday which is its own race.

Uni SA have a good team, expect to see them lighting the race up with some breaks and crazy moves.

Back
Top Bottom