Pro Cycling Discussion 2018

Soldato
Great race. Looked pretty minging conditions. Have you seen van aert having to remount his bike on the final climb into siena? He was completely shot!

Soldato
I did see the video and thought the same, the camera flattens it and it is stupidly steep and on slippy wet paving so I’ll forgive him but it looked awkward when he bellyflopped onto the saddle and his legs waggled around.

Soldato
Hmm not convinced Demare won the first stage yesterday considering when he passed the line he tangled with Izagirre and had his shoulder/arm behind Izagirre. Cant seem to find any pictures of the photo finish

Soldato
OP
Van aert rode really well to be in the final group. He's going to be a joy to watch with a winter full of racing legs.
He's been incredible, when you think coming from 1-2 hour cross races to a 4-5 hour 'classic'. Not surprised to see him in the front groups, even in Omloop, but very surprised to see him there towards the sharp end of the race at Strade!

Great race. Looked pretty minging conditions. Have you seen van aert having to remount his bike on the final climb into siena? He was completely shot!
Yeah cramp in both legs on a 16% gradient! OUCH!

http://road.cc/content/news/238117-...wout-van-aert-grinds-halt-through-cramp-final

The fall looked quite innocuous from the original footage I saw, but seeing the footage from the other side you can tell it's cramp, he's stopped and got a foot down but the leg cramps up meaning he falls, brutal! Although the slip/failed remount looked to hurt more! Kudos to him for being able to finish, just a shame he wasn't with Bardet to see a sprint for 2nd on the TV coverage! Annoying they missed the fall, not even commenting that Van Aert wasn't with Bardet! :(

Bardet's ride is on Strava.

Soldato
Absolutely fantastic last stage at Paris Nice. Conditions looked grim. Fair play to soller. He really earnt that.

G is in prime position at Tirreno-Adriatico given he can time trial better than all others up there. (altho can't remember all of the top 10)

Soldato
Agree - Kwiatkowski should take TA. Paris Nice has a cracking finale with some great racing throughout. Shame for Gaviria and his MSR backers *cough* but Sagan looks in great shape for Saturday

Soldato
GT is overrated as a road rider that’s why, super domestic role only imo.

Kwiatkowski is probably Sky’s second best rider after Froome! His road palmares is bloody good. Wasn’t he top 3 in the TT second to last stage at the tour last year.

Landa TT not good... I’ve not seen the full result only the top 20.

Soldato
Great ride by kwiato to seal it. Really rode that tt to perfection.

Conditions weren't great for riders when it started to rain so some of the guys in the top 15 were really unfortunate and dropped down as they went out on the technical first half of the course when the rain and wind picked up.

Soldato
GT is overrated as a road rider that’s why, super domestic role only imo.

Kwiatkowski is probably Sky’s second best rider after Froome! His road palmares is bloody good. Wasn’t he top 3 in the TT second to last stage at the tour last year.

Landa TT not good... I’ve not seen the full result only the top 20.

Probably a bit harsh on G but I do know what you mean. I dont really see him as a Grand Tour contender but 1 week tours more likely as hes shown before.

I think you are right on Kwiato at the TdF, he is a superb all rounder and the way he buried himself last year at the tour shows his comitment.

Back
Top Bottom