Pro Cycling Discussion 2018

Soldato
As you said, what happened to Kwiakowski? He looked quite good but then disappeared, behind a split when people had to stop on the bergs?

Sagan super strong, never looked like he was trying. Not sure why Bora put Oss on the front to try and bring back the original break when QS had the numbers.

Bora should sign GVA and Wout Van Aert with GVA being out of contract and WVA will go full time on the road....

Soldato
OP
Sep Van Marcke needs to find a way to win!
The more and more hype Eurosport commentators (Carlton Kirby?) seem to give SVM the worst luck he seems to have. Maybe I missed something but he's won nothing of importance for a couple of years has he? Always getting bested by Cancellara, Boonen, Sagan & GVA.

I don't understand the hype myself - riders like Stybar, Terpstra, Trentin & GVA have won far more than him, yet don't seem to attract the same coverage and following.

Terpstra in some fine form, glad he finally has his Flanders victory as he's come close so many times before! Fantastic to see Lampaert take Dwars door too after the supreme riding in E3. Who do we think for Paris-Roubaix? I think GVA as he's looked strong and hungry for a result this spring! Him and Kwait duelling it out with Sagan after QSF (finally) have a bad day! (unlikely) :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Terpstra in some fine form, glad he finally has his Flanders victory as he's come close so many times before! Fantastic to see Lampaert take Dwars door too after the supreme riding in E3. Who do we think for Paris-Nice? I think GVA as he's looked strong and hungry for a result this spring! Him and Kwait duelling it out with Sagan after QSF (finally) have a bad day! (unlikely) :cool:

Paris-Nice was last month, so predicting form for next year is quite a stab ;)

Soldato
Who do we think for Paris-Roubaix? I think GVA as he's looked strong and hungry for a result this spring! Him and Kwait duelling it out with Sagan after QSF (finally) have a bad day! (unlikely) :cool:

Kwiato isnt riding Paris Roubaix this year as hes currently riding the Vuelta al Pais Vasco, although he is seemingly anonymous in that :confused:

Soldato
QSF look so strong having so many more options than everyone else, especially critical in a race like Flanders where anything and everything in Cannondales case can go wrong! Looking forward to next weekend! Roll on Roubaix!

QS as you say have so many options, everyone else seems to mark Sagan and QS can have someone sneak off the front and nobody wants to close it down because they dont want to drag Sagan to the line so he can out sprint them all.

Soldato
Paris roubaix Paris roubaix Paris roubaix. Gonna be a dry one but think they've had some rain like us this week so could be grim in places. No idea on who is going to win as usual. I won't even bother with a prediction.

Soldato
Absolutely fantastic race. Watched it from start to finish and enthralled all the way through. Sagan looked on a good day going through arenberg that had me thinking he could ride away once things had been a bit more attritional.

I love the way there is a huge group and then it seems all or a sudden 50 odd riders drop out.

Hope the wellens crelan rider is alright.

Great to hear the train drivers strike as much as the farmers in France.

Soldato
Absolutely fantastic race. Watched it from start to finish and enthralled all the way through. Sagan looked on a good day going through arenberg that had me thinking he could ride away once things had been a bit more attritional.

I love the way there is a huge group and then it seems all or a sudden 50 odd riders drop out.

Hope the wellens crelan rider is alright.

Great to hear the train drivers strike as much as the farmers in France.

Michael Goolaerts (Wellens Crelan) died last night :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43691211

Soldato
OP
Superb win by Sagan and an amazing performance from Dillier. Who would have thought Geraint Thomas would have to pull out because he fell off his bike in a crash
Haha someone said he fell on the second set of cobbles? Didn't see any coverage on TV but have only watched the first 3.5 hours...

Great win by Sagan. There was only going to be one outcome when he got away as didn't look like any of the main riders could follow.

Michael Goolaerts (Wellens Crelan) died last night :(
Saw the news this morning. Really sad to hear but very glad nothing was picked up by the live TV
Horrible to hear, especially as he was young and had a really promising career ahead of him. I do recall some footage on TV of a Wellens rider lay on his back on the left hand side upside down on a bank of mud. Looked totally innocuous as there was no footage of any crash. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Haha! Track riders! :rolleyes:

To be fair the only Sky rider I recall seeing in the first 3 hours of footage was Knees with a short spell pushing the pace. With no Sky train behind him to speak of!

Soldato
He didnt even make it that far, he fell off on the first sector of cobbles :p
That’s Sky’s TDF ruined then!

Kwiakowski be their best bet.

Sagan didn’t really jump very hard when he broke away, but after QS (in the other spring races) have won from distance (Terpstra & Gilbert last year) I don’t know why they let Sagan do it (if it was Burghart or Oss you’d give them some rope), especially when they didn’t have a numerical advantage to bring him back.

Back
Top Bottom