Probably been asked scores of times. Any DDR5 issues/pitfalls to steer clear of?

Soldato
OK. Long story short. First new build for over 10 years so playing catch-up and trying to choose wisely. LOL...

I'm going to go with a Ryzen 7800X3D paired with and ASUS, TUF GAMING B650M-PLUS WIFI (mATX)

My basket at OcUK:

That particular Kingston Fury flavour KF560C36BBEK2-32 (EXPO, 1.35V) is on the approved vendor kit list. As is the Samsung 990 Pro for NVMe. Is the EXPO version a better option for a trouble free build?

Associate
6000 CL30 is the sweet spot for AMD, you can get that for a few more quid than the set you've chosen. On the x3d chips it doesn't make a massive difference (or at least as much as it does on non x3d) but for maybe £10/£15 you might want to do it anyway.
Hardware unboxed did a recent video on RAM speeds if you wanted to know the detail.

They have also extensively covered B650 boards so you can check that out for your chosen board - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtHOOyWYiic&t=568s

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
In truth CAS30 would have been my first choice but I couldn't spot any at first glance at OCUK that didn't have RGB bling. I will look those video's up thanks.

Associate
Added the link to the review with your chosen board, they also have a round-up where it does well in the mid-range, think the only negative is wifi 6 not 6E like some others.

Yeah I'm no RGB fan myself, the Teamgroup stuff is a fiver more for CL30 but not quite my cup of tea looks wise :D

I recently bought my son the Corsair stuff for the same price and no RGB, the 'Ryzen tuned' stuff is another fiver again but not sure if that actually means much.

Last edited:
Soldato
Added the link to the review with your chosen board, they also have a round-up where it does well in the mid-range, think the only negative is wifi 6 not 6E like some others.

Yeah I'm no RGB fan myself, the Teamgroup stuff is a fiver more for CL30 but not quite my cup of tea looks wise :D

I recently bought my son the Corsair stuff for the same price and no RGB, the 'Ryzen tuned' stuff is another fiver again but not sure if that actually means much.

Don't they need to support EXPO to be compatible with AMD?

Back
Top Bottom