Problem solving skills interview questions

Associate
I have a phone interview coming up on tuesday and of the little information we've been given, we have been told part of the interview will be dedicated to this.

The job spec itself lists software development but from the sounds of it there is a split between testing and support roles, I imagine I am ear-marked for testing given CS degree.

Anyway the job involves going to toronto so keen to get it and curious what you guys think problem solving interview questions would be like? I've never had these come up but also never interviewed for a testing position so that could narrow down the aim of the questions.

When I was initially told I assumed software development cycle, project life cycle, STAR approach to problem solving. Anything else people can think of?

Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Met with the girl who is organising it early today and she was saying the questions would be based on puzzles. The example she gave, 'you have 9 marbles and a scale, how can you tell in 3 attempts which of the marbles is heavier than the others without touching them yourself' I understand how to do this but is anyone aware of a decent resource for these?

Thanks for the list of things to check out, been refreshing myself on test driven development and worked in an agile team before.

STAR is just the Situation/Task/Action/Result or something along those lines? Think it's used mainly for CVs and stuff? In fairness I am basically brain dead today unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom