Problem with domain name forwarding on blogspot

Soldato
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

My girlfriend blogs on blogspot.com. She recently bought a couple of new domain names that she wishes to forward to her blogspot account, she also has one she bought through blogspot (google wallet).

The one she bought through blogspot has no problems (she has had this one for a while) however the domain name bought through 123reg only redirects and loads if you leave out the "www." at the beginning.

eg

domain.com (works fine)
www.domain.com (gives "404. That’s an error.

The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know.")

I'm not too clued up on this. I have followed googles DNS settings (for adding a and cnames) but still can not get it to work?

Is anyone able to help?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for that.

I realised when I was trying to do this before I had a "/" at the end of the domain name so it wouldn't allow me to add it. Silly me. :)

I've done all this now so hopefully it should be working within the next 24 hours.

Soldato
OP
Not exactly. Nothing seemed to work so I spoke to 123-reg, they have worked their magic and it should be working within the next 24 hours.

I had a look at what they have done with the DNS settings and it doesn't look too dissimilar to what I had in there. Hopefully it will work.

Edit - I've just checked. It's working. Woo! Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom