Problem With my Computer

Associate
Hi guys,

When my computer is in use, all of a sudden the screen will go blank and display "No Signal Detected". Sometimes the display will re-appear and everythin will be ok. Other times the display will re-appear and then go blank again and "No Signal Detected" will once again be shown. So i just restart the computer and start again. Most of the time when i do this it will work correctly after the restart.

But most recently, i had the following error be displayed after the "No signal detected". Th error was fuzzy as if a television had bad reception ( Dont know how else to describe it lol). The error was (in short):

machine_check_exception

and told me to ensure all hardware and software installed correctly.

And further down the error message it talked about displaying bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Im not much of a computer whizz so i would deeply appreciate some help/guidance with this matter.

Another thing, i bought the PC from overclockers and had the problem before, sent it back and the motherboard/graphics card was replaced, this was about 5 months ago (had the pc about 12 months now) and have recently been having the problem again. I cant afford time without my PC due to work reasons etc so dont want to send it back plus 12 month warranty probly ran out by now.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

Thirt33n.

Soldato
Ok, I'm gonna place a £5 bet on your RAM. Crucial Ballistix n all. Run memtest86 - http://www.memtest86.com/#download0
Get the iso to make a bootable cd from and configure your bios to boot from the cd.
Leave it over night and see if you get any errors. If so the RAM comes with a lifetime warranty and Crucial have a fantastic RMA service. No worries...

Associate
OP
Ok i will run this test when back from Work, thankyou very much for your help.

Just hope i can get this problem sorted asap. I'l post the outcome here.

Cheers trojan698!

Associate
OP
Ran Memtest, and left it for roughly 8 hours, no errors were found, ended up formatting the computer because it wouldnt load windows due to currupt/missing files in windows config, but not beforebacking up my data.

Seems to be working ok so far though since the format, the problem hasn't occured again yet. Guessing only time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom