Problem with NF7-S motherboard

Soldato
My house mate has a NF7-S motherboard which is playing up, I think it's broken but I can't be sure.

I've tested his cpu, ram, hdd, graphics and anything else I can think of in my other machine and it all works. I've tested my working bits in his board, but that doesn't work either. Cleared CMOS, done everything. Not tried a different psu mind, but the machine turns on, so that couldn't be it, could it?

When you turn his machine on the monitor just flashes green :confused:

The only thing that concerns me is that I noticed the northbridge fan wasn't spinning and he said it's never worked. :o Could that have caused the motherboard to go wrong?

It's a well ventilated case, chieftec dragon with 5 x 80mm ys-techs in.

I may try a long CMOS clear, then put a decent northbridge cooler on it, perhaps that might work?

Ideas? Thanks in advance

Associate
Typically the Northbridge fan on the NF7-S is about as effective as a chocolate fireguard :) I wouldn't worry about the fan not working too much. They were well known for breaking when I had one a while back.

Fantastic boards though. Try clearing the CMOS and if you can, replace the battery to rule out it being dead.

If all other compoents are ok in another machine then you could be fairly sure it's the board. How about the PSU? Everything ok in that dept?

Associate
Never rule out a dodgy PSU. The amount of time I've thought 'all the fans spin up it must be ok' and been wrong is silly. Other than that, have u a spare monitor to try? Has the graphics card become dislodged?

Hope you get it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom