Problem with PC

Associate
i just had a powercut, and now my pc wont boot up properly. i have everything connected to a power surge socket extension.

it starts to boot up, loading the first page with the graphics card details, but then it stays on the DFI lanparty logo. ive left it on for half hour but nothings happening. what can i do?

thers a red and yellow light on at the bottom of the mobo, across from the power switch.

i have disconnected and reconnected everything as well but still no luck.

someone please help as im worried.

Associate
OP
got pass the hd boot, and now loading windows. may just have 2 giv it some time.

ill let u guys know if and when it enters the welcome screen.

thanks 4 the help guys.im going out now so wont b able to reply or pay attention 2 this post until i come back in the morning at bout 3-4am.

im using a seasonic s12-600

how do i reset the cmos?

Last edited:
Associate
You'll have to consult your motherboard manual or check the manufacturers website to give you the correct location of it.

They are a set of tiny jumpers that you have to fiddle about with, very simple to do.

Associate
OP
just reset the bios, and its booting up further than before.

i tried it once and i logged into windows, but the start taskbar didnt load, so i reset the pc. but then it stayed at the dfi lanparty logo again for ages.

when the wondows loading screen comes up shall i just wait until it fully boots even if it takes over 5mins?

do i have to change anything in the bios except boot priority etc...? is there anything i will have to set up in the bios again.i havent overclocked.

Soldato
only thing to be changed in the bios is anyhting u have changed before, should generally have defualt settings which auto detect.

if it does not continue to boot you should try another hdd incase it has died from shock.

if u can get it to boot to memtest then check the ram.

then if u eventually could get into windows check occt and prime to see if its stable and occt will give u the voltages of the psu and see if it is still working ok as it could have been a bit borked.

Back
Top Bottom