Problems verifying Google apps with my domain.

Soldato
I've purchased a domain with 123-reg which I plan to use with Google apps for emails. I have been following the instructions on Google to do this by creating a TXT record on my domain hosting website (123-reg).

However, the TXT record which Google has given me is 68 characters long and when I try to add it to 123-reg as a TXT record I get an error saying:

Invalid name: Each part of the name can only contain letters, numbers, underscores (_) and dashes (-), and may not exceed 63 characters in length
Invalid new entry

I can't use any of the other verification methods because I don't have a host so I can't upload any files, etc. I'm using the domain for emails only.

This is frustrating, any more would be appreciated!

cant you just create your email in domain manager and forward it to your email.....this will mean people can send you to this email for now, contact google and let them know of your issue.

in hotmail you can select a tab called: Sending/receiving email from other accounts

add email and then send a verification to this eamail which is already forwarded back to that hotmail account.

hotmail is free so if you cant get google, i would try hotmail.

I've purchased a domain with 123-reg which I plan to use with Google apps for emails. I have been following the instructions on Google to do this by creating a TXT record on my domain hosting website (123-reg).

However, the TXT record which Google has given me is 68 characters long and when I try to add it to 123-reg as a TXT record I get an error saying:

I can't use any of the other verification methods because I don't have a host so I can't upload any files, etc. I'm using the domain for emails only.

This is frustrating, any more would be appreciated!

Iam trying to do the above, and iam having the same problem :mad:

I just did that and it worked. Thanks.

I didn't realise that was another method of verifying it.

Ive not tried the MX records way yet, only because google does say about that method on the verify page. Iam not that confident with all this so dont want to screw thing up :o

The steps in the Google Support link I provided are very easy to follow.

Is there a specific step which you're getting stuck on?
I've never used 123-reg's control panel specifically, but I'll do my best.

Well each time I try the TXT it doesn't verify, I've followed the instructions. I don't think I can use the alternatives.

Well each time I try the TXT it doesn't verify, I've followed the instructions. I don't think I can use the alternatives.
The instructions in the link are a guide to modifying your domain's MX records. Not TXT records.

It has already been concluded that Google provided TXT records will not work with 123-Reg.

Why do you think you cant use the alternative? Has 123-reg disallowed MX modifications? I don't use 123-reg so you have to tell me why. Can you post a screenshot of the configuration page? :)

Last edited:
The instructions in the link are a guide to modifying your domain's MX records. Not TXT records.

It has already been concluded that Google provided TXT records will not work with 123-Reg.

Why do you think you cant use the alternative? Has 123-reg disallowed MX modifications? I don't use 123-reg so you have to tell me why. Can you post a screenshot of the configuration page? :)

Original

QQgek.png

Editted

nRQzI.png

and then each time I try to verify it I just get this! So annoying!

OeYQC.png

Last edited:
The MX configuration you've done at 123-reg seems fine. Im not sure, but you may need to recreate the "www" A record you removed.

On google, you're still using the "recommended method" which is TXT. You're using MX. Is there anything relating to MX under the tab "Alternate methods" ??

Last edited:
If you contact them (123-Reg) via the support page, they will sort out the TXT records for you. They did this when I was having issues with the google apps required TXT record.

The MX configuration you've done at 123-reg seems fine. Im not sure, but you may need to recreate the "www" A record you removed.

Tried that :(

On google, you're still using the "recommended method" which is TXT. You're using MX. Is there anything relating to MX under the tab "Alternate methods" ??

3KdKf.png

If you contact them (123-Reg) via the support page, they will sort out the TXT records for you. They did this when I was having issues with the google apps required TXT record.

Cheers raised a ticket with them...

Just thought I should point out iam using vidahosting... nameservers: ns2.vidahost.com, ns3.vidahost.com, ns1.vidahost.com but I dont think that should make any difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom