Problems with AMD Ryzen 8400F/ MSI B650M-A Pro WiFi

Associate
Greetings! Long time lurker, first time poster - but I'll get straight to it. Full specs at the end of the post.

I recently built a new PC using an AMD Ryzen 5 8400F/ MSI B650M-A Pro WiFi mobo. After putting everything together though, there is no video coming from the MSI 4060 and EZ LED Debug on the motherboard has a red CPU LED and a yellow RAM LED. Interestingly, everything does power up (fans, board, gpu, USB) which makes me think the Mobo is actually fine, but I've tried the following:

Reset CMOS
Resat the CPU/ Cooler (it was fine)
Resat the GPU/ RAM
Tried booting with one RAM stick
Changed CPU Power cable

Unfortunately I cannot even get into the Bios at this point. Powering it on results in nothing but a black screen.

Hoping that I've just missed something obvious, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Full Specs:

AMD Ryzen 8400F
MSI B650M-A Pro WiFi
Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200Mhz CL20 2x16
MSI Ventus X2 RTX 4060
Gigabyte UD 750WGM
512GB WD nVme Drive
1TB Samsug Evo 840 SSD

Cheers guys.

Associate
OP
Rob - The problem is that these parts are so new that I don't have spare DDR5/ CPU to test it with and I don't have access to my other GPU's at the moment. The RAM is in the two slots marked 'FIRST' on the motherboard as instructed and I haven't tried the other slots. All cables are firmly in where they neeed to be and I think as everything is getting power I could probably rule out any cabling issues?

Wookie - I am unable to get into the BIOS as the machine won't even post. Will that stop me updating the BIOS if I download the latest and plug it in?

Associate
OP
i'm not sure if the latest bios will have all the support and fixes in it, if you have a spare usb you can download the bios to it and then press the bios flash button on the back of the motherboard, but refer to your motherboard manual first.

videos a bit old but the process is very similar, page 53 of your motherboard manual has the process to flash, via the bios flash button located on the back of your board.

Will give this a go and report back. Thanks Wookiee.

Back
Top Bottom