Programming/editing a wordpress plugin

Associate
Hi,

Long time lurker here. I hope someone can help.

I am building a website and I have a wordpress plugin I want to use (wp pro quiz).

But I want it to be edited so it presents the quiz in a different way. I have example websites that I want it to look like, pretty much exactly, but they are for different areas.

I was told to avoid freelancer.com - can anyone recommend any good places to use?

If anyone here is interested I can give further details.

Thanks!

Associate
Hi mate,

When you edit the plugin just be careful not to update it afterwards. If you update the plugin after changes have been made, they'll get wiped out.

I've seen a few clients who have paid hundreds to have a plugin changed, only to update and lose the additional functionality.

Really you should create a new plugin that is based on the wp pro quiz and change that so it won't update. This does pose security threats etc etc etc.

Man of Honour
I used to code a fair few WP plugins. It's not that hard and if you're simply wanting a presentation change it might be a template customisation rather than a plugin one (which arguably is a job that requires less technical skills - though I personally find coding easier than styling :p).

Feel free to drop me some details if you like. If it's a very simple job I might be able to do it for free for you, though my free time is limited.

Associate
OP
Hi,

Thanks for the replies! I will drop you an email, it seems simple but even if it got more complicated happy to pay also - I just wasn't sure where to even start with looking for paid resources, seems like a lot of horror stories out there.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom