Project: 4-Quad (56k = no)

mark1 said:
That looks awesome, the delta's on those radiators are gonna give some nice temps. I hope you don't mind me asking but where the hell do you get the money for all that??? You're only 17 years old :eek: I'm 16 and i don't see how i could ever get enough money by the time i'm 17 to spend that much on a pc without spending all my savings!!

I run my own PC repair and construction business and work part time for Royal Doulton's rendering department. :)

Work hard, spend hard :p

As for the rig, a quick update, i was going to use 2 120.2's and 2 d5's however, not only can i not find a single way to fit it internally but it strikes me as overkill now, im going to mull over the idea later tonight, might result in a radbox with the 2 pumps and rad in if its worth it.

I was going to get a v2000 but its too big to take to lan's and too expensive (all money i earn from now needs to go towards insurance for my car)

Haven't had any time to work on the machine as I've got a rather hectic time here at the moment however i shall get working on it tonight. :D

*edit* cleaning of watercooling parts is going well :)

heheh

lolur3.jpg

Stopped posting to keep that count? Good summary of this build :cool: :cool:

misterPK said:
Ok, it is a bit early in the morning, but i count 5 HDDs in that picture and I could have sworn you said that was one of your "quads" in your original spec. Am I losing it or did you change your mind? :p

PK!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

(one is for osx the other 4 are for windows)

Right, started drilling the holes for the tubes, unfortunately our tool area is a total mess and i couldn't find any metal bits, only masonry and no chuck key, off to the DIY to pick up a 20mm metalwork bit :)

Here is how its looking currently:

The LGA mount for the waterblock prep'd:

Hard drives being installed into the akasa's cage:

Cage installed into case:

Added waterblock, soundcard, sata cables + usb bracket, also screwed in the mainboard tray:

Power cables + Quadro added:

Just thought i would add, Asus thought it would be great with a DELUXE motherboard, to only include 4 sata cables when they have 6 internal headers, they don't even bother to include any e-sata, so i had to resort to using a sata cable from another motherboard package. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom