[Project Black hole] - CaseLabs TH10A

Soldato
OP
What a stunning machine! Very jealous

Thank you, it's quite a beast of a case but I love it, good news is CaseLabs has been bought out by a Swedish guy so new cases and parts should be coming soon!

Been wanting to get the USB-C front switch panel for ages now.

Soldato
OP
More parts have arrived!
Only waiting on an air cooler (none of mine are AM4/5 compatible!) to get things up and running on the test bench and confirm everything is working as it should.
Don't like going straight to water even with soft tube if there is an issue it's easier to sort beforehand.
When I have it up and running on air I will strip down the watercooling system and get everything clean and ready to rebuild.

iPC7ot1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Last build was epic, this one looks like it will even top that.

When you are done with the boxes could i have them? I dont need them but I'd love to see the colour drain from my wifes face when I show up with that lot lol.

Soldato
Last build was epic, this one looks like it will even top that.

When you are done with the boxes could i have them? I dont need them but I'd love to see the colour drain from my wifes face when I show up with that lot lol.

A man who puts little value on his testicles ! :D

Upgrades look amazing. Glad to see the GPU is getting water.

Soldato
OP
Spent a good few days cleaning out the rads, there was a considerable amount of coloured "gunk" sitting in the lower ones which took many many flushes with distilled vinegar, warm water, lots of shaking and reflushing until clean.

Replaced every o-ring on each fitting (except the internal rotary ones which are not serviceable) and each pump/res which has quite a few between the tops and needed custom sizes ordering.
Cleaned the blades on all the fans, pretty good really just a fine dust that got through the mesh filters, which I also gave a good wash.

Pressure tested each component individually and found that one 45deg double rotary wasn't holding pressure from one of the internal joints, even at 0.2 bar it would drop to nothing over a few minutes. It was probably fine until I removed it and twisted the rotary part, I guess the o-ring was stuck and has now torn. Really annoying as I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere, I have spare 90deg ones but really wanted an extra 45 for the inlet on the GPU block to get a nicer bend on the tube.

Here is how it sits at the moment, full loop pressure tested at 0.4 bar before filling with Mayhem XT-1 Nuke V2 Clear.

W3C6S3J.jpg

Don't plan on using any RGB but this is what it looks like turned on, plexi is a little marked up from years of cleaning, would be nice to have a tempered glass replacement one day.

xYhpXRC.jpg

And the reason I went for the acrylic gpu block is so I can inspect the fins without disassembling the block, and you don't really notice the acrylic with the lights off and normal viewing angle.

wgUyBYB.jpg

I may end up buying one of these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitspower-45-degree-rotary-extension-fitting-black-wc-218-bp.html and using it on the inlet of the gpu.

Soldato
OP
Temperature wise on the 4090 FE cooler running FurMark at stock settings fans auto would look like this.

PHOMRhL.gif
I messed up clicking min not max on memory but I assume it was similar clocks.

And on the EK block at stock settings is this, drawing a little more power and another 15mhz core without any additional voltage or +TDP settings.
Water temp in the mid 20s, 10c delta to room temp with a setpoint controller in aquacomputer.

63MXqKN.gif

While gaming it's normally in the high 30s core.

CPU wise I haven't really monitored it much yet, I set PBO Enhanced 1 90C and tweaked the memory a little but that's it. Gaming is in the 50s but if I run Cinebench it jumps to 90c. Working as intended I suppose!

Back
Top Bottom