Project CARS 2 VR

Associate
Looks excellent, I'm quite fond of PC in VR although the menus can be a little clunky, so if this is VR from the ground up it should be a nice improvement. Graphically though the bottleneck is still going to be the resolution of the HMD so not sure if there will be a huge improvement in that area?

Soldato
Looks excellent, I'm quite fond of PC in VR although the menus can be a little clunky, so if this is VR from the ground up it should be a nice improvement. Graphically though the bottleneck is still going to be the resolution of the HMD so not sure if there will be a huge improvement in that area?
If they can optimize the code we can up the SS so it will look better.

Associate
They've certainly optimised something graphically, my 980Ti fans aren't as loud in PC2 now as they are on PC1, even before it's finished. I haven't really kept up with the dev notes this time around so I don't know what they've done.

I'll do a test run with the same track and car and check loads, voltages, temps tonight if you want. Will give a good idea where it's headed.

Soldato
OP
They've certainly optimised something graphically, my 980Ti fans aren't as loud in PC2 now as they are on PC1, even before it's finished. I haven't really kept up with the dev notes this time around so I don't know what they've done.

I'll do a test run with the same track and car and check loads, voltages, temps tonight if you want. Will give a good idea where it's headed.

That would be super.

I take it you are a backer? Did it carry over from Pcars 1?

Associate
I did run a couple of sessions in the Lotus49 on a Silverstone National with 31 opponents, I'm running 1.5SS and didn't notice any massive fps drops in either game.

Unfortunately we had some drop in visitors so I didn't get chance to look at the results in any detail.

Yes I'm a backer, did what carry over from PCars1 sorry, not sure what you're asking about.

Back
Top Bottom