Project Euler

Soldato
Has anyone come across this website before?

https://projecteuler.net/problems

It is a website which offers some numerical problems which are best solved through programming. I have a job lined up currently but it doesn't start until September 2015. To keep my skills relatively sharp I have decided to undertake solving all of the problems before September.

I thought that perhaps we could start an OcUK thread about it and point each other in the right direction (without giving the solutions!!!).

Good luck!

Soldato
OP
It was not my intention for it to be competitive, more so for it to be somewhere to share solutions, or if people are stuck to help people out.

Soldato
tbh you could start a thread on it but people would be at different stages and it would be hard to follow what was going on, it could use its own subforum and a thread for each problem but that seems over kill.

I've started it but haven't touched code in several months and my Python is a little rusty (lol) and i've yet to start C# but i'll be getting into it again asap

Soldato
Most programming involves very little maths (and I say this as a video games developer).

in your experience ;)

Come work at my place and its mostly maths, stats and analytics, and thats for a multinational online gambling company :)

I doubt anyone at any point in history has ever said "don't worry about maths and problem solving, its not needed in programming".

It's also teaching you how to approach problems, how to think like a programmer, which is the hardest part of learning, much more so than just learning the language.

Back
Top Bottom