Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
New bits picked up over Black Friday.
1TB WD_Black SN750 M.2 SSD
3m EK ZMT black tubing for when I eventually drain the loop again
MS pro intellimouse to replace my antique original intellimouse and WMO 1.1a

The new intellimouse vs my original intellimouse (pre explorer 3.0)

I also have a collection of Wheel mouse opticals in addition to the pair of intellimouse. I have been a steadfast fan of these ancient mice for over 15 years. Sadly the wheels on all of them are showing their age. The sensor behaviour definitely feels quite different and obviously I'm very used to an ambidextrous design but it does feel quite good in the hand. Time will tell if it's as good as my oldies

I couldn't believe how cheap 1TB M.2 SSD's have gotten. I paid a bit more for the 256GB Samsung SM961 I use for the OS barely 2 years ago and a lot more for the 512GB samsung 850 pro sata ssd. Ironically, I now have the same amount of storage space in my desktop as I do in my server. (2TB of SSDs and 11TB of HDDs vs 12TB of HDDs)

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that things had started to get a bit toasty. I decided to take the side panels off and give it a once over today. After almost a year of fairly heavy WFH, this PC has spent practically 15 hours a day, 7 days a week running with a month of running 24x7 in the middle. Although I had cleaned the air filters regularly, a lack of further maintenance on my part meant things didn't look pretty.

It took nearly all day to fully clean it out with a few interruptions. The clear tubing is showing the usual signs of plasticizer leaching so that's going to need to be addressed soon with the ZMT I bought nearly 2 years ago. I've also bought another 1TB SN750 NVME SSD so I can finally ditch one of the hard disks.

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
OP
Added another 1TB SN750 SSD. So I now have 3 NVMe SSD's fitted. Glad I've got Threadripper as I'm using 12 lanes for SSDs, 32 lanes for GPUs, 8 for the 10Gbe nic and 1x for the audio interface. The prospects for upgrading don't look so good though as I really don't need a 24C48T processor, I only need the PCIe lanes.

Inside is now much cleaner vs the picture above from Monday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom