Project Mahoosive Mistress Upgrade

Associate
Hello again folks! It has been a while since my last upgrade to say the least :) anyway...

Below is the list of parts I am currently looking at and I am upgrading from a i7-4700K. I am just not sure on if I should wait until AM5 comes out since the below is a dead socket. Having said that though no matter what I go to it will be a "mahoossive" upgrade for me to say the least hence me being here and asking questions.

For your perusal:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,220.84 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

I went with the 5950X since I do a lot of video encoding now and I won't be upgrading for a long time again so sort of going with in for penny in for the pound so to speak.

64GB RAM vs 32GB... simply put the wife has 32GB in her laptop and I am not having her have the same as me in a laptop compared to a desktop so 64GB it is.

O11 Dynamic... it's just gorgeous! It really is! <3

For graphics I have a spare GTX970 that I can use in this system until newer cards become available and actually at a sensible price (dream on xD).

Thanks for any and all advice folks <3

Stoner81.

Man of Honour
Superflower psu while quality only comes with a 7 year warranty i personally would get a 850w or even a 1000w gold rated with 10 year warranty.

Looks solid There are a few cheaper options but im sure you like ypur rgb stuff .

Associate
OP
I do like RGB since it allows me to set everything to how I want it so as everything matches :D

Overall though I am just not certain on if I should wait for AM5. I have been waiting for this upgrade for like 2 years ish or more already lol kinda fed up with waiting lol

Stoner81.

Man of Honour
Amd wont be introducing ddr5 this year only intel will with there Alderlake cpu's in November.

There are a few benchmarks fir ddr5 out there but the above upgrade would be a monster coming from what you have.

Can you wait do you want wait ? Its your call.

Associate
OP
That is what I figured :) thanks for the advice.

Looks like I am pulling the trigger on this bad boy :D

EDIT - Purchased! Now excuse me while I go and pass out lol!

Stoner81.

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to ring them this morning and get it changed. I am so excited for my new rig, I just wish video cards would come down to sensible prices.

Stoner81.

Nice one, glad to hear you got it changed. I did see some half reasonably priced 6900xt’s earlier. Still over RRP but cheaper than 3090’s

Back
Top Bottom