Project outline - and queries

Associate
Hi all,

Thanks for anyone’s help (hell - thanks for even clicking to read).

Build plan;

Already owned;

CPU - Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU - Gigabyte Vision 3080 OC 10G
PSU - Corsair 750W
NVME 1TB for OS
SSD 2TB for storage

Wanted;

Liam-Li O11 Dynamic (White)
Fans - I’m thinking 9x120mm, Corsair or Lian-Li ? White. RGB. 6 case fans and 3 for the AIO to replace stock fans so everything matches.
Motherboard - no idea ? Black.
AIO - Considering a Kraken Z73 but up for options. RGB on the cooler would be good, temp display in custom colours would be better. Does Kraken perform OK (temp and noise) ?
Custom cables and custom hose wraps - will sort once I’m happy with the rest/installed/can measure.
Commander Pro for RGB/Fan control ? Is that the right route.
RAM - Was thinking Corsair vengeance pro in white, 2x16GB
GPU Vertical Mount - Phantels apparently fits this case pretty well and still allows all 9 120mm fans to be used.

Anything I’ve forgotten ?

Thinking white case and parts to reflect the light (planning blue and purple) with a black motherboard as a kind of ‘background’

I’ve not done an RGB install before, if I use a commander pro to sort the fans, how do I control RGB on the RAM and GPU ? Guessing AIO will be customer software for whichever manufacturer?

I did consider water cooling the GPU as well but don’t think the options are available yet and I’m not ready to try a custom job.

Some parts coming from previous computer - the aim is to upgrade (new CPU) and increase aesthetics so this thing can sit on the desk instead of hiding under it. Any suggestions/thoughts appreciated

Associate
I like the theme idea. For the AIOs I would recommend that you check out the GamersNexus reviews, they tend to be quite thorough. Anything that is solid in their view is a good start and then you can worry about aesthetics.

If you can get ahold of the white Lian Li fans, I would go for those, just to avoid the hundreds of cables you would have to manage for 9 Corsair fans.

Typically there will be multiple software products required for controlling fans, and some of them have been known to cause conflicts with each other at times.

Back
Top Bottom