Project: Rad In Mi Kitchen

Soldato
Many thanks to forum members for helping me, especially JeffyB
Thank you to 5UB as well, you've been a really great help

Case just arrived :D

auf34o.jpg

The aim of the project is to move myself into the present, and away from pentium 4. Also, the goal is to dabble into watercooling, if I like it, I'll use it for future builds.

I'm hoping to get the side panel as well today. Then the rest of the parts will come from OcUK on Thursday or Friday, depending on when I'm free to receive them.

PC:

Asus P6X58D-E
i7 930
GTX 480
Corsair Dominator 6GB Ram
80gb intel ssd
F3 1TB
Sammy Bluray
PC-P80
Be Quiet 900W

Watercooling:

Black Ice 360
EK Clear Top
D5 pump
XSPC D5 reservoir
1/2" barbs
7/16" Tubing
Fans will be some blue led 120mm
EK gtx 480 block + back plate

Also, I'm not very handy with the camera so cut me some slack :p
Unboxing in a couple of hours

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, I ordered the case yesterday, at around 16.00. 10 mins after I ordered it, it was dispatched :D

Stepping up from a P4 to a Rampage 3 and a 930. You're gonna love it. :p

I went from a socket 478 Pentium 4 HT 2.4ghz with 1gb of DDR 133mhz to an AMD 965BE 3.4ghz with 4gb of DDR3 1600mhz.

Safe to say, brix were ****...

I hope so :p

Soldato
OP
Just edited the pic as it had a competitor's name in it.

I thought this case would be really heavy and difficult to get into my room. So I enlisted the help of my 10y/o brother :o. I didn't need him though, and it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be.

Soldato
OP
More pics of the case to come soon. I'm going to strip it down for some hardcore lian li nudity.

I'm going to confirm my order soon, and I think I'll be watercooling the gpu :D

Soldato
OP
patriot on a rampage III

ack

deffo get the 480 under water

get a better rad than the black ice though

What's wrong with that RAM? I haven't ordered yet, would you recommend a different one?

Also, I just received my 360 rad stand, so if I get a different rad, it'd have to be a 360 :(

EDIT: with some good cfm fans surely that should be enough for the 480 and cpu?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, it's the sr1 I'm getting. To be honest, I'm hitting the very top of my budget at the moment, and the patriot is on offer, so I dunno if I can stretch to Dominator GT.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oh damn, now that I want to watercool the gpu, I need 8 barbs, but there were only 7 in stock when I ordered :(

I'll just get a couple of 7/16" barbs and get some clips to secure it

Soldato
OP
A backplate would look amazing on my 480, but would it make any difference to temps?

Also, just checked the case. I'd have been mad to try to fit a 420 in there! I'll struggle fitting a 360 tbh :p

Well it looks like the x58-e and some dominator (not GT ram) :D Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to this

I had the exact same case as your old one, it lasted me about 5 years untill I got fed up with not much room and bought an Antec 1200, have you got the side window with 2 sort of round shapes ? I drilled them out with a large hole cutter and fitted 2 120mm fans there, worked a treat, my daughters boyfriend has it now after I flogged him my old setup to fund my Crosshair IV and ram :D

I dunno about the side panel. The window has no straight lines, it's all very curvy, I think I see the 2 round shapes you speak of. It's an amazing case really

Back
Top Bottom