Project: Rad In Mi Kitchen

Soldato
OP
I am so angry at EK right now, I'm not going to be buying their products again. Their 480 backplate requires washers, yet they haven't provided any. They've ****ed up yet again, either my build goes on hold as I try to get hold of some m3 washers, or I put the card in without the backplate, and seeing as I already waited 2 weeks for EK to send OcUk thermal pads...

Soldato
I am so angry at EK right now, I'm not going to be buying their products again. Their 480 backplate requires washers, yet they haven't provided any. They've ****ed up yet again, either my build goes on hold as I try to get hold of some m3 washers, or I put the card in without the backplate, and seeing as I already waited 2 weeks for EK to send OcUk thermal pads...

Look at it this way, watercooling is a very niche market. It is most likely that the company will not be a polished as you would expect.

Soldato
OP
The card compared to a 5770:
30a58qs.jpg

8wkwe8.jpg

2s9uf0n.jpg

23i8dvk.jpg

vermtd.jpg

5pe990.jpg

wkpann.jpg

a4yj2r.jpg

5b78cx.jpg

Soldato
OP
Just ran into another problem: There's no way for me to connect my pump to anything. Neither of the two pc's have the correct connection on either their motherboard or on the psu.

Associate
I does not look like its from the barb but from the spacer ring under the bard.
I would remove that before you fill with coolant as this will be an area that will leak.
You could have damaged the o ring also.
Check it for cuts. If it is then you will have to purchase another.

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate :)

The project's been sitting here for a month :(, and it's going to sit here for another 3 weeks until I'm back home, when I can (fingers crossed) finish it.

FFS, if I can't finish it, I'm wacking myself.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
you can put the backplate on without washers :confused:

mine has no washers on and it works just fine.

can you get away without using the watercooling spacers on the gpu?
if so, do that.

Soldato
OP
I hope you're gonna put the CPU block on the right way round man :p /OCD

It is the right way round :confused:

I'm just praying I can fix the pump so that I can leak test. Then I'm praying that there isn't a leak. Then I'm praying that I can connect everything else hassle free. Then I'm praying that the graphics card isn't dead from me having drilled through the damn thing. Then I'm praying that the temps are okay and that nothing is overheating. I think there's a bit of margain for error in this build :p

Back
Top Bottom