Project TJ07, Long and Slow Build

Associate
I like the homemade cooler! You did put some thermal pad between there didn't you?

Same here - Did you replace the bottom of the HK3 block with the piece of copper that you fabricated? If so, I presume that the o-ring seal is embedded in the "lid" of the block, and that you didn't have to machine a channel in the copper...

Associate
OP
Same here - Did you replace the bottom of the HK3 block with the piece of copper that you fabricated? If so, I presume that the o-ring seal is embedded in the "lid" of the block, and that you didn't have to machine a channel in the copper...

Yes exactly that, had a look around and that was the closest fitting block I could find, o-ring channel is in the acetal top so just a case of making a new base.

Associate
Yes exactly that, had a look around and that was the closest fitting block I could find, o-ring channel is in the acetal top so just a case of making a new base.

Simple and elegant. Just wish I had your tools/patience/skills to be able to pull off fabricating my own components.

Excellent piece. :)

Associate
OP
Thanks, not really that much to it but I suppose it does take patience to get these things right.

Got my Bitspower fitting from OcUK on Tue, had to order another from a different supplier as OcUK were out of stock and thats still not turned up!

The adaptor for the Blu Ray is here, plus a replacement PSU is on its way!

:D

Associate
OP
Replacement PSU arrived from OcUK yesterday, the 60 degree Bitspower fitting arrived today, so the loop is finished and filled. Just using de-ionised water for now.

2013-01-12171733.jpg

2013-01-12171749.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I think I'm going to borrow a couple of your mods for my rebuild
:)

The build is starting to really come together nicely now. The SSD mount and that re-orientation of the PSU to get the big rad in is very tidy :)

I don;t know how you have the patience to work on the aethetics and not play with the rig though - the wait is doing my head in!!!!

Associate
OP
Thanks, I've not patented any of my mods so feel free to copy and improve :p

Tonights plan is to get the system powered up, its been leak testing on and off over the weekend and all is still dry!

Fingers crossed everything still works!

Associate
OP
Its alive!!! :D

Only running with the OS drive currently but I've installed Aquasuite and set up a profile for each of the 4 fans, these use the sensors on the intake and outlet of the rad for reference.

So currenly idling with 2 of the 4 fans running at ~840rpm my CPU is ~30 degrees and the 580 is 23 degrees.

Its also whisper quiet which I'm happy about, if all goes well I should get higher fan speeds and more fans kicking in as the temp rises, I'm sure I'll have to alter the profiles a bit yet but I think its close.

Associate
OP
Im sure I will now!

Been running prime for about 35 mins, CPU is sitting in the mid to low 40's, GPU is up to 26 and im still on 2 fans at ~900rpm!
Coolant temp is 25 degrees.

Think a few games are in order tomorrow night!

Back
Top Bottom