Promoting a blog without cash...

Associate
Hi,

I have recently created a blog, but I have kinda run out of ideas to promote the site to the public, using social networks has its limits.

Anyone know how I can do this without paying for expensive services?
Thanks
Dan

So far I have done the following:
  • Submit website to Google using Webmasters
  • Answered questions on Yahoo Answers and included a link
  • Shared on social networks
  • Added a link to my website on forum profiles etc
  • Included links to other blogs in my posts
All these suggestions I have got from about.com.

Anything I should do? or something I should stop doing?

I've been noticing quite a few "Google [insert long tail keyword]" physical signs posted up on my travels recently.

Good free offline SEM/SEO

Its just a simple WordPress self-hosted blog, technology based of course :D

I know a few people who have blogs too, might try and link to and from, help us both out

Post on twitter every time you make a blog post.
Get all your friends to follow you on social networking websites, like people's pages in exchange for a like, etc.
Add new posts everyday.

Work out a common tech problem that people encounter, and write a really good tutorial on how to solve it on your blog. Then find people asking about the issue in forums, and link to your tutorial.

Just to add, i have a very nice article about Promoting a company with no advertising budget. It may be on page 2 now, but I achieved a big milestone the other week (Front Paging TechCrunch and TheNextWeb) and I give some tips and advice how to promote yourself.

Just to add, i have a very nice article about Promoting a company with no advertising budget. It may be on page 2 now, but I achieved a big milestone the other week (Front Paging TechCrunch and TheNextWeb) and I give some tips and advice how to promote yourself.

Which key words/phrases is tech crunch on page 1 (or 2) of google?
I'd like to see for myself.

Last edited:
Which key words/phrases is tech crunch on page 1 (or 2) of google?
I'd like to see for myself.

Im slightly confused by this question? What i achieved has nothing to do with SEO but with how to write a press release?

The OP is asking how to promote a blog without cash. I did it with my company (not blog I must admit) but the premis of no cash is still strong.

The best promotion is outsourcing content whilst keeping a balance with building your own audience. Write half content for you, half content (related to your blog) for bigger sites. Backlinking builds SEO and a creates strong social gain.

The issue that some people have is differentiating between lack of interest and lack of exposure. How many unique page views / repeat visitors are you getting each month?

Yes with no cash ever injected into a marketing budget, apart from some adwords use. For me this was a nice achievment. We did have 'news worthy news' , but this does not mean the biggest tech sites in the world will cover a small startup from Germany. It was timed, planned, and well executed with no budget (back to the OP)

You can also check our social media gains in the last 4 months (they arent massive but the % increase really relates). Social media is THE key influencer in promoting a blog/site with no budget. You have to work the whole package, not just content.

Back
Top Bottom