Prospective 4090 build

Associate
Looking for some advice or referrals to resources to do some research. I last built my current PC in 2011 and it's just not cutting it any longer.

I'm looking to upgrade to as top of the range as I can afford (£3k) but still get value for my money. I realise this is a slight contradiction with the cost of GPUs these days but still. I am looking to mostly play games on it with some part time video editing thrown in so I am considering building around a chosen GPU. With my budget in mind I think I should be aiming for a 4090 right? What considerations should I be making w/r/t the different brands of 4090s? Let's say noise and aesthetics are mostly unimportant and monitor and other peripherals are not part of the budget equation.

Apologies if I am using the forum incorrectly or using incorrect terminology.

Thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
2TB is probably enough to begin with so long as there's room to add more in future.

Do not care about RGB at all.

Windows might be necessary but I can up the budget to encompass it. £3k is not a hard cutoff.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a proper look through once I've finished for the day.

Man of Honour
2TB is probably enough to begin with so long as there's room to add more in future.

The board has 3x M.2 slots, so no issue there.

Do not care about RGB at all.

The version of the Lian Li 216 in my case spec has no RGB, though it is pre-order at the moment.

If the PC is mainly for gaming then the CPU of choice is the 7800X3D.

Yeah, I was thinking of the "part time video editing".

Back
Top Bottom