PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

I'd say no but some people seem to like it. I personally found it dull.

Edit: I'll qualify that with, I have it on my PSN account but won't even be installing it when my headset turns up. :)

It's an incredible game, I've spent over a hundred hours in PCVR though the PCVR mode is a bit janky and doesn't perform well. Here's hoping It's better performing on PSVR2.

Okay, I forgot this is on gamepass,so I will give it a quick go to see what I think

If you have ordered the Horizon package you might be out of luck as they don't seem to be shipping yet according to some angry people on reddit.
Yes, its the Horizon bundle I'm waiting for. Its not the end of the world if it doesn't turn up for a few days.

I'm waiting on the Horizon one as well but wouldn't be surprised if the tracking kicks in about 2am and it turns up tomorrow afternoon.

Had this before with a PS5 purchase from PlayStation Direct.

Ok - theres an odd thing going on. Mine still says preparing to ship, but i found my tracking number on the Order Details page using "Inspect Element" > "Network" then searching for tracking ID. Typed in the tracking id on parcelsapp - gave me a DPD - and its at my local depot.

I guess with so many orders to ship that the website wasn't able to update for a orders. I had this happen with a recent hasbro haslab order. I had the item delivered before I even recieved the shipping email.

Mine is arriving today. Hoping to play tonight. RE8 is ready. I want to pick up some other games as well. Thinking Pavlov and After the Fall.

What games are people looking forward to most?

This seems a bit overly critical. Will be interesting to see what people on here with experience of other VR headsets think.

This seems a bit overly critical. Will be interesting to see what people on here with experience of other VR headsets think.

This statement sounds odd "PSVR 2’s image appears less sharp than even LCD headsets with lower resolution"

I've watched a few reviews and most stated the image was comparable to high end pc headsets. One particular reviewer who was playing the kayak game said the image had the same clarity as the reverb g2 but with much higher brightness and much better colors

It seems to just be a tech review rather than an experience one? The blurring to hide the SDE making it softer etc, whilst the OLED would offset that with the vibrancy. The reprojection seems to be the biggest issue there, hopefully something that can be improved with software.

Yeah its definitely equivalent to high end PCVR headsets. It's a shame it doesn't have pancake lenses, but that's probably because they absorb a lot of light and dim the image. The Bigscreen Beyond apparently has this problem - a 3000 nit OLED dims to 100 nits due to the pancake lenses.

Last edited:
According to this video by default 120hz mode is broken on the psvr2 but the video shows how to fix it. This could be why some reviewers don't like the image it's because the native 60fps games like horizon are outputting 60fps instead of 120

Last edited:
According to this video by default 120hz mode is broken on the psvr2 but the video shows how to fix it. This could be why some reviewers don't like the image it's because the native 60fps games like horizon are outputting 60fps instead of 120

He's referring to the cinematic mode here, not VR games. And 60fps would bring different complaints compared to reprojection, it wouldn't be ghosting, it'd be jumpy.

Mine is arriving today. Hoping to play tonight. RE8 is ready. I want to pick up some other games as well. Thinking Pavlov and After the Fall.

What games are people looking forward to most?
Looking forward to Call of the Mountain the most for the experience. Been trying to finish Forbidden West lately. Probably try GT7 first if Horizon needs a lengthy download.
Also have Resident Evil 8 being delivered today.
I think overall RE8 will be my favourite I spend most time with out of those 3.
Be so cool if they did a God Of War Ragnarök VR mod as in the middle of that too….bah too many games not enough time

Back
Top Bottom