PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

Sending mine back tomorrow, nice it is free postage :)

Not enough titles yet to keep me invested and they need to do something to improve reprojection, hopefully the next unit will be better in the panel lottery with mura.

Would've been nice on the return form if they asked for details of why you are sending it back as some feedback :confused:

Sending mine back tomorrow, nice it is free postage :)

Not enough titles yet to keep me invested and they need to do something to improve reprojection, hopefully the next unit will be better in the panel lottery with mura.

Would've been nice on the return form if they asked for details of why you are sending it back as some feedback :confused:
Please let me know how long it took to get a refund?

I'm sending mine back as it has some bright spots.. Will be getting another but prefer the refund first as going away on holiday!

Sent mine back and it got there (Leicester) on 3rd May. Not had refund yet. Yes the only option was ‘other’ for reason for sending back.
Agree about reprojection. Due to PS5 not being able to get the required frames rendered, compressed, and then sent down the USB cable there were motion artefacts I just can’t put up with. Doesn’t matter how good the panels/optics are if looks crap during movement. That’s why ‘through the lens’ tests are a bit pointless as usually it’s done on still images or bits where there’s not much movement.

Due to PS5 not being able to get the required frames rendered, compressed, and then sent down the USB cable

The PSVR2 uses Display Port ALT mode over USB-C. There should be no compression. It's just like plugging in a HDMI or Display port cable.

Ooh wow, meta should defiantly do this for Quest 3. Didn’t even know that was a thing. Thanks for that melmac

Ooh wow, meta should defiantly do this for Quest 3. Didn’t even know that was a thing. Thanks for that melmac
problem is you need to have the ... was it called virtual link? usb socket which was developed by a consortium including Sony, Nvidia, oculus and valve (from memory so don't shoot me if am a bit off)

a brilliant bit of hardware.... which was included on Nvidia 2000 series GPUs and then subsequently dropped :(

Last edited:
To be

To be honest compression really isn't an issue on a wired link on Quest, especially the pro, and I imagine Quest 3 will be better.

Possibly the only issue is perhaps the encoding overhead and added latency, and even that's not a major issue on a decent GPU.

To be

To be honest compression really isn't an issue on a wired link on Quest, especially the pro, and I imagine Quest 3 will be better.

Possibly the only issue is perhaps the encoding overhead and added latency, and even that's not a major issue on a decent GPU.

If Meta uses AV1 compression on the Nvidia 40 series that would give a decent improvement as the new Quest 3 CPU apparently supports AV1 hardware decode.

Sent mine back and it got there (Leicester) on 3rd May. Not had refund yet. Yes the only option was ‘other’ for reason for sending back.
Agree about reprojection. Due to PS5 not being able to get the required frames rendered, compressed, and then sent down the USB cable there were motion artefacts I just can’t put up with. Doesn’t matter how good the panels/optics are if looks crap during movement. That’s why ‘through the lens’ tests are a bit pointless as usually it’s done on still images or bits where there’s not much movement.
Sent mine back last week, got to returns hub on Tuesday. Heard nothing either. Pretty rubbish returns service tbh.

Guess they must just be busy at the moment. Just had email saying refund on its way and will get to me by 10th March (tomorrow)
Did you put anything else in the box or the packaging like rma number or just the label? Did you also use the original packaging box as I used mine for something else already

Everything back in original box and packaging. After taping up and putting returns label on I realised I hadn’t put in outer box the right way round to show serial number (rectangle cut out). Nothing extra like RMA added inside.

Everything back in original box and packaging. After taping up and putting returns label on I realised I hadn’t put in outer box the right way round to show serial number (rectangle cut out). Nothing extra like RMA added inside.
I did the same thing. Suspect they'd need to open it to ensure everything is inside anyway.

You refunded yours Joeboi?

Was there a problem? I thought you were happy enough with it?
Opted for replacement. If the replacement is bad, I'll send back for a refund.

I had a stuck green pixel. Became really noticable when playing RE Village. Gutted because I was enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom