[PS3] Firmware 1.82

Soldato
I like the idea of the regular updates, but seeing as it still takes hours to download them over wireless, I'd rather they fixed that first, as its a pain having to download onto the pc, put them onto a memory stick and stick it in the ps3.

Soldato
BUSH said:
I like the idea of the regular updates, but seeing as it still takes hours to download them over wireless, I'd rather they fixed that first, as its a pain having to download onto the pc, put them onto a memory stick and stick it in the ps3.

You sure your router isn't blocking some ports? They've never really taken long on my wireless setup, probably 5mins if that..

Soldato
BUSH said:
:confused: Wireless download speeds are excellent with mine.

Downloading a 200MB demo only takes a few minutes at most, you must have a router issue.

Soldato
Steedie said:
Wierd, mines really fast. As mentioned downloads finish extremely quickly with no issues
same.

I switched it over to wireless when my wired was down for a few days, haven't felt the need to switch back so far.

Permabanned
OP
Steedie said:
Wierd, mines really fast. As mentioned downloads finish extremely quickly with no issues
Yeah I've tried US, Jap and EU store, same thing.

Xbox Live downloads very quick, my PC is fine and works at the full 2mb/s speed just my PS3 won't. :confused:

Man of Honour
wedgie said:
I've heard a lot of complaints about the regular firmware updates for the PS3, but for me I have to say I much prefer this model than the twice a year model Microsoft uses.
Yep, as long as they are bug free I'd rather them add a feature as soon as they can rather than wait for a bulky package.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just got this update via wireless :)

Wireless wouldn't work properly for me before (kept disconnecting me from the access point), but since I updated the PS3 firmware and that of my access point it's been rock solid!

Been playing some Resistance online (wireless) for the first time since I got it

Back
Top Bottom