PS3: Katamari Forver

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Waited for a thread on this, and seeing as there isn't one, thought I'd start one! :)

Anyone got this?

Bought it last Friday on release day and it's taking a lot of will power to get off it!

Have managed to do a run through of the levels, but now going through all the "Drive Throughs" and additional options, 82% of the collection and amassing a Katamari just under 1,500,000km (I see there's a trophy for a 2,000,000km Katamari!!! :eek:)

No one else playing this little gem?

Soldato
Have you played the others ? How does it fair in comparison, I wasn't too impressed with the 360 one compared to the ps2 and psp ones.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
Played them all (big fan :))

If you've played Beautiful Katamari on the 360 AND downloaded some of the DLC, them some of the levels may be familar: rolling calories, getting to a specfic size all with guess work, etc.

There's a new level underwater which is fun, and 2 of my faves are the "Camp Fire" where you have to keep rolling to keep your burning katamari burning and make it big enough to light a torch on a hill (easier said than done), as well as one where you need to roll up fireflies to make the landscape "pitch black", "very dim", "dim", "dark", etc, etc.

Didn't realise until a Japanese friend pointed out, that despite the game having the new shader effects like wood, cell-shading, etc, you need to play the game through once, which unlocks a couple of shaders, then when you play the levels again in the new setting (Eternal mode, Drive Through, etc) you unlock more shaders.

Only thing I think is perhaps worse is the music, Beautiful Katamari I thought every tune was quite catchy, but the ones in Katamari Forever seem a little too 'far out' (Operatic Japanese with rap just sounds weird!!)

Soldato
Cool sounds like it's We 'heart' katamari those levls you describe are in the ps2 one. The music in the ps2 one was awesome, i hope thats what its like in the new one. Shame they don't make more new levels, the rehashing is getting a bit annoying, but I'll pick it up all the same. Just love rolling!

Back
Top Bottom