(PS4:2017) Everybody's Golf

Soldato
OP
Enjoying it, I'm rubbish though, currently at lvl 4 . Need to work on my timing on the swings, In the loading screens I'm perfect, in play, I'm poor. One grip is that I find the constant interactions/conversations I'm getting at the moment, hope it dies down soon.

Feel free to add me on PSN: Spacedeck (anyone at all feel free if you'd like to play). Due to clubs getting more powered as you play, we should play games with standard clubs only. I usually keep it short at around 9 holes.

I wish they implemented a way so anyone can play any of the courses that the host has access to. Could help them sell more as people could demo the DLC if I hosted. But we can dream :p.

Associate
Anyone else getting the game not filling the TVs screen? Mines a box within my tv display surrounded top and bottom by black bars.

Nvm, Sussed it out.

Mind sharing how? I've got that as well pain in the arse! OCUK golf room this weekend?

This also happened to me. Due to other stuff, PS4 has not been switched on for a couple of weeks. I wonder if a recent system update "reset" the display area?

Game is great. Disappointed advanced swing method is missing, but I've got over it quickly. Just need to find some time to play

Soldato
Had a blast last night really enjoying it. Im. Abysmal at putting however but sure I'll pick it up. I just need to find my feet with it all seems hectic and all over the place at first glance. Main gripe is why I can't move the shot cursor forward and back I guess I'll have to learn the power ratios better. Gameplay feels solid and fun though looking forward to a few games tonight.

Caporegime
Had a blast last night really enjoying it. Im. Abysmal at putting however but sure I'll pick it up. I just need to find my feet with it all seems hectic and all over the place at first glance. Main gripe is why I can't move the shot cursor forward and back I guess I'll have to learn the power ratios better. Gameplay feels solid and fun though looking forward to a few games tonight.

The shot cursor? You mean the yellow triangle? That moves back and forward depending on what club you have.

I'd be up for some rounds with you guys, my PSN name is OMGitsKonvict

Soldato
OP
Yeah, few things. Before you take the shot, press triangle to zoom in (circle zooms out), then press L1 or R1 and you will change clubs and see the cursor move forward/backwards. The location it shows is generally how far it will hit at full power. When you get closer to the hole, look at your powerbar, you will see a small red flag appear above it, this is the location of the hole so you know to hit generally around the flag to make the distance.

Soldato
OP
Remember to keep an eye on the "squiggly" line too which represent the undulations

Might be moving into the technical area for anyone new to the series :p. As a general rule, you would hit beyond the flag a little if the hole is sitting above the level of the ball and if the hole is on a downhill, you'll need to underhit the ball. This also depends on reading the wind and weather conditions. Can be tricky at first but you'll get used to it after a while. When you get to understanding the game more, you'll know when the default club might not be the best choice, so you'll either club up or down but for now, don't overthink it.

Always happy to help, I'll get adding people on PSN today, so everyone post up if you haven't done so yet!

Soldato
Might be moving into the technical area for anyone new to the series :p. As a general rule, you would hit beyond the flag a little if the hole is sitting above the level of the ball and if the hole is on a downhill, you'll need to underhit the ball. This also depends on reading the wind and weather conditions. Can be tricky at first but you'll get used to it after a while. When you get to understanding the game more, you'll know when the default club might not be the best choice, so you'll either club up or down but for now, don't overthink it.

Always happy to help, I'll get adding people on PSN today, so everyone post up if you haven't done so yet!

blitzben85

Soldato
OP
I don't know if Turf Wars is broken for everyone but, just incase it's just a select few. If you was thinking about buying the Balata CC course, avoid doing so just now. Unless this is an issue for everyone then the DLC will break Turf Wars and you will not be able to participate in any games.

ClapHanz are currently looking at this and I hope a fix can come soon.

Back
Top Bottom