PS4 Warframe - Players, trading etc.

Soldato
What can you do with credits?

Theoretically, everything. You can play and get all the gear without ever spending a penny of real money, it's just that the game is designed in such a way as to make it as inconvenient as possible. For weapons, you can buy blueprints with credits, and build them with materials you collect from missions. The building process itself also costs about as much credits as buying the blueprints did in the first place, and it takes a really long time to build. 12 hours for the most basic stuff.

Warframes are even more infuriating to build, because you have to acquire the blueprints for the parts by defeating bosses. Then you have to buy the blueprint for the warframe as a whole and wait days for that to build.

If you're starting out, I suggest doing what I did. Spend ~15 quid on 370 platinum. That'll buy you a decent primary and secondary weapon (I went for grakata rifle for primary, viper pistol for secondary), which will let you tear straight through levels you previously found difficult.

Or you can slog your way through levels with your starting gear until you have enough stuff to build something better. Personally, I've had at least 15 quid's worth of fun out of this game, so I was happy to buy some platinum.

Soldato
Theoretically, everything. You can play and get all the gear without ever spending a penny of real money, it's just that the game is designed in such a way as to make it as inconvenient as possible. For weapons, you can buy blueprints with credits, and build them with materials you collect from missions. The building process itself also costs about as much credits as buying the blueprints did in the first place, and it takes a really long time to build. 12 hours for the most basic stuff.

Warframes are even more infuriating to build, because you have to acquire the blueprints for the parts by defeating bosses. Then you have to buy the blueprint for the warframe as a whole and wait days for that to build.

If you're starting out, I suggest doing what I did. Spend ~15 quid on 370 platinum. That'll buy you a decent primary and secondary weapon (I went for grakata rifle for primary, viper pistol for secondary), which will let you tear straight through levels you previously found difficult.

Or you can slog your way through levels with your starting gear until you have enough stuff to build something better. Personally, I've had at least 15 quid's worth of fun out of this game, so I was happy to buy some platinum.

I quite enjoy the underdog feel so I'll stick with the basic weapons. Was doing very well on my own with decoy and sneaking up on people then someone joined and set all alarms off.

Nice free game.

Soldato
Anyone at all playing this these days?
I never got into it at launch but went back to it this week with 2 mates and we are really getting into it.

It's improved quite a bit since the last time I tried it.

I picked Volt as starter, but when the game kicked in after tutorial I was Loki somehow....??? lol. Loki wasn't even one of the 3 options so no idea what happened there.
Bit annoying!!

I bought blueprints for the Hydro one but that may take a while to unlock.

Put about 7-8 hours in so far though so may read up on what to actually buy with real money as I think I'll put plenty more hours into the game yet.
Maybe I can speed up the acquisition of the new Warframe I bought? or just buy weapons to make getting it easier.

Game doesn't explain a lot - either that or I've skipped text.
Only just found the social hub after 6 hours of playing - by accident.

Also realised I hadn't ranked up my profile rank at all - so went and did that to get up to rank 2, almost got to 3.

Those excavation missions are impossible with the weapons I have though!! Only have 185 shield too so I'm dead in seconds.

Soldato
Anyone at all playing this these days?
I never got into it at launch but went back to it this week with 2 mates and we are really getting into it.

It's improved quite a bit since the last time I tried it.

I picked Volt as starter, but when the game kicked in after tutorial I was Loki somehow....??? lol. Loki wasn't even one of the 3 options so no idea what happened there.
Bit annoying!!

I bought blueprints for the Hydro one but that may take a while to unlock.

Put about 7-8 hours in so far though so may read up on what to actually buy with real money as I think I'll put plenty more hours into the game yet.
Maybe I can speed up the acquisition of the new Warframe I bought? or just buy weapons to make getting it easier.

Game doesn't explain a lot - either that or I've skipped text.
Only just found the social hub after 6 hours of playing - by accident.

Also realised I hadn't ranked up my profile rank at all - so went and did that to get up to rank 2, almost got to 3.

Those excavation missions are impossible with the weapons I have though!! Only have 185 shield too so I'm dead in seconds.

I'm pretty impatient when it comes to waiting for things to construct but to be honest spending 50 platinum to auto build a warframe is a waste. All you really need platinum for is buying more warframe and weapon slots. The slots for both increases as your mastery rank increases(not entirely sure about warframe slots) but it will never be enough. Don't buy weapons either as they are ridiculously expensive from the store. If you really want to buy weapons, see if you can get the components and parts for 'prime' weapons. The best way for you to get stronger at this point is work on increasing the level of your mods, even a bad weapon can redeem itself with the right mods. Also remember to pick a faction to start increasing your rep with as you can get some useful loot at the higher levels.

There is an android app for this game which is pretty damn useful. It can notify when alerts pop up that provide mods or resources that you may need.

Soldato
I'm pretty impatient when it comes to waiting for things to construct but to be honest spending 50 platinum to auto build a warframe is a waste. All you really need platinum for is buying more warframe and weapon slots. The slots for both increases as your mastery rank increases(not entirely sure about warframe slots) but it will never be enough. Don't buy weapons either as they are ridiculously expensive from the store. If you really want to buy weapons, see if you can get the components and parts for 'prime' weapons. The best way for you to get stronger at this point is work on increasing the level of your mods, even a bad weapon can redeem itself with the right mods. Also remember to pick a faction to start increasing your rep with as you can get some useful loot at the higher levels.

There is an android app for this game which is pretty damn useful. It can notify when alerts pop up that provide mods or resources that you may need.

OK cheers - I'll have a look into that. Really new to the game and it doesn't tell you a whole lot. Started delving into the Wiki a bit but been a bit busy up until today.

I had 150 Plat and a lot of credits from that PS+ pack that was free so I was able to pick up a few things. Unfortunately I spent 75 Plat on a colour scheme by mistake...lol. I was changing colours and just mashed X while watching a YT vid on Laptop and had selected a locked colour.

So I just blew the other 75 on a Sentinel (Wyrm) to see what use they were.

I'll see if I can get that app then as it sounds handy.

Hopefully I can pick up some decent weapon mods. Those Survival missions seem good for it. Played one for 12 minutes with a mate last night and we had 250+ kills each and mus have picked up about 30 Mod Cards - including a few Gold Fusion Cores.
so wouldn't take long to farm some decent ones there.

Also, wasn't even aware of Factions - I'll look into that!!

Given other games I'm going to be playing along with this (destiny / Elder Scroll Online / Witcher 3) then the waiting time doesn't bother me. Had to wait 12 hours for a new sword but I was only playing for 2 hours then by the time I next went on it was done. It' a bit annoying but I'm patient, so this F2P/Mobile style of waiting doesn't bother me.

I would be willing to spend money on the game - but by the looks it I should wait until there is some genuine reason to as I don't know enough to make sure it's a worthwhile purchase just yet.
I need a better Secondary weapon so just trying to get materials for the blueprints I have

Last edited:
Soldato

Nick, grow up mate, you don't even like Warframe :D

Back
Top Bottom