PSP Go out Friday! Anyone getting one?

Associate
OP
For me the only niggle is the UMD conversion, I have about 20 UMD agmes/movies so this is a real pain. Nicely botched launch imo.

Shame, as I love the look of the new look unit.

Associate
OP
I bought it. I couldn't help myself. I know, it's a stupid purchase.

Initial thoughts - it's a lovely bit of kit (ignoring all UMD/compatibility issues).

It's tiny, slidey and fits in your pocket - something the PSP and DS do not do!

Associate
OP
I think there market is really "gadget suckers". I really can't help buying stuff like this. I even own a Sony Vaio P series laptop! (which I love btw). I've not played anything on it yet, as sadly I am at work, however I have been browsing the media go spftware (PSN store) and I am happy with the prices of the PSP games on there, GT:pSP is cheaper on there than on the high street! (which it should be, but still).

Associate
OP
After some more playing tonight, I am really pleased with it. The online prices aren't bad at all tbh (for the games), I think Sony have appreciated they don't need to be more than retail - GT is £22 for example. I think the more it catches on the better prices we'll see - a la Steam et al.

Associate
OP
It's one of the slickest "toys" out there. It makes the DS look like it was designed in 80's! I'll take some pics tonight alongside the PSP1000 and DSi. I really like the new store integration too, although that obviously works fine on the normal PSP too.

Associate
OP
Decided to boot up my PS3 last night and check out the new PSN store. Looked at the PSP mini's section and noticed some of the games I own on my Iphone:confused: Is this the best they can offer for people who want to download new games for their PSP??
Well there are loads of actual PSP games in the PSP games section. The minis are just smaller cheaper games, Tetris for £4 isn't that bad for example. They're the cost of mobile phone games, but higher quality.

Look at the PSP games section though and you'll see there are loads of games added from 1st Oct.

Associate
OP
Apparently yes.
Yeah you can, I have mine connected to my W995 right now, just downloading some demos and such from the PSN Store - it works really well. It can read the modem settings from the phone, you select the data connection (i.e. vodafone wap or whatever) and then you are connected. You can also connect a PS3 pad and with a forthcoming cable connect to TVs too.

Associate
OP
I saw the advert on TV last night - looks amazing playing GT...

Mine arrived today and is currently on charge. Cant believe the size.

I need to find a nice case for it now.
I got an office one free with mine on the high street, black slip case with a thing for pulling it out of the case - fits perfectly and feels protected without adding too much bulk to it.

Associate
OP
Yeah it's official, is very shiny, but is actually leather. You can tell by the smell. I think we are the only 2 PSP Go owners in the UK ;)

Just got my download vouchers - GT, Daxter, Resistance and Syphone Filter - not bad for free. Got to be worth £70 minimum. Makes the cost more acceptable to me.

Back
Top Bottom