PSU £100-120ish

Associate
My PSU is the only thing that hasn't been changed in my current setup, and my current one is about 6 years old now so would like to change it.

Spec is 8pack i7-6700k setup, 16gb 3000mhz ram, 4 HD's inc 1 SSD, EVGA GTX 1080Ti.

My current PSU is a OCZ 850w gold rated, can't remember full model.

Was thinking of still going for an 850w for abit of head room, maybe EVGA G2 or G3? Or a Corsair unit, not sure what is considered a good brand to go for these day, but any recommendation would be great.

Associate
OP
yes tempted by one, read the G2 and G3 is pretty much the same internals, but G3 is slightly smaller in size and and slightly smaller cooling fan. I can get the G3 £10 cheaper than the G2, plus a certain site has currently a £10 off code aswell. Anyone know if the G3 will be a safe bet or should I just go with a G2?

Man of Honour
Get the G3 as it's the latest version and improves on a already excellent psu. The Seasonic Focus Plus 850w (gold or even the platinum version), Corsair RM850X also both have 10 year warranties and are well worth looking at. The Superflower Leadex Gold II 850w (model that the EVGA G3 is based on) is worth consideration as well although it has a shorter 7 year warranty.

Soldato
From what I read the fan curve on the G3 is very loud, compared to the P2, I would get the EVGA P2 or Seasonic prime gold or EVGA G2 for cheaper.

Permabanned
I'm also on the look out for a new PSU. Been running a Corsair CX600 for about 6 years now and it's been great. All I've had to do is change the fan as it got noisy other than that perfect. (touch wood)

Will need an upgrade soon though.

Back
Top Bottom