psu + cpu cooler help... please?

Associate
atm I have a 400w nasty generic psu in my machine which is noisy and is struggling to power some of my components. I need a psu that is quiet (pc is left on 24/7) that is 500w or greater. I don't really have a budget but cheaper is definetely better! Which psu should I buy?

I also need a new cooler as my athlon 64 3200+ (venice) is starting to get a bit hot now that the sun is coming out. Which would be the best skt 939 cooler to buy?

Thanks,

Mike

First, is 500w a must? This should tell/help you. Cos, you can buy a good 400w-range PSU like the Tagan TG430-U15 430W. Remember cheap/generic PSU's struggle because they are built 'cheaply' and don’t have enough output current that your components demand apart from other 'missing' features.

As for CPU Cooler, most people vote for the Zalman's :)

Cooler, Arctic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro, just got one last week, fantastic coolers, and silent, i got one as my retail cooler was buggered, this one is fantastic, retail cooler was about 47-48 idle, Freezer is about 33-34 idle, and the Freezers not even running at full speed, got it on 80%, and its only doing just over 1600 rpms, and underload it only gets to about 40-41. :D

Back
Top Bottom