PSU for new build

Caporegime
Im planning on doing my first build in the summer, i'm trying to do as much research as possible beforehand. At the moment im gravitating towards the Seasonic S-12 500, however as its not modular will I have a problem fitting it into my chosen case? (Lian Li V1000+) Also will 500W be enough for my build?

Athlon 64 X2 3800
2 gig ram
X1900XTX

Also if there are any other PSU's that are better choices i'd appreciate the suggestions.

For that graphics card, I'd recommend something beefier. 500w will cut it, but just in case you want to throw in say other hard disks, etc or go Crossfire. Futerproofing's the word :)

This guide will help you decide.

As for my recommendation: Tagan TG580-U22 580W ATX2.01 2Force SLi Compliant Silent PSU (CA-006-TG) £82.19

Most cases can take any type of PSU, well at least the ones sold by OcUK. The Lian-Li's are exceptional. Will be using one for my next build :D

Shamikebab said:
Thanks for all the help guys, i think i'll go for the S-12 600.
The S12-500 would do just as good a job and save you a few pennys. Those seasonics are expensive and i don't think the 600 is very good value for money. Just hope its not doa like mine was. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom