PSU ideas

Associate
hello!

i decided the source of my PCs problems was the PSU so i've decided to replace it. after deciding on a nice Tagan 580watt i realise that it won't actually fit in my case (aspire x-qpack).

so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a small but powerful PSU (enough to power the machine in my sig). the dimensions of my current PSU are (in mm) (WxHxD) 150x86x117 and i need another about that size.

thanks.

Associate
OP
thanks for the link.

But I can't see how a normal PSU will fit in there. It might be that my DVD-rw is long (is does extend back beyond its housing) but, taking cabling into account, I might only have about an inch spare between the psu and dvd.

so really, I'm looking for a PSU of around 500w with decent amperage on the 12v rail, up to maybe a depth of 140mm, with the cables coming out from the left (when looking at the side that the cables come from) if possible. that is unless I mod my case so that the DVD writer pokes out the front (or i replace my dvd writer).

any more ideas?

Associate
OP
cool!

that looks interesting but i doubt I have the skills, tools or time to achieve something like that.

quick PSU question: if a PSU has 2 twelve volt rails at around 17A each, does this mean they can combine to make 34A? I'm looking for at least 25A on the 12V but every unit i look at seems to have 2 rails with low ratings.

Back
Top Bottom