psu is it anygood

Soldato
had to nip to local store to get new psu when i built new rig all they had was a 650W ATRIX PSU now I have never heard of them but needed one right then. works ok but is it any good as If it aint I will be getting a better one as wouldn't like all my new kit to go bang on me

cheers

Associate
Any of the ones that Messiah Khan listed are all worthy of your money, they are good power supplies from well known manufacturers, as for the hipers which get far too many recomedations around here, I would stay away.

Associate
Runningkid said:
got my hiper 480W for less than 50 and it runs fine.
Whilst they're not a BAD PSU, there are far more complaints about Hipers on the forums than any other of the afformentioned decent brands - except QTec of course. Main complaints being their noise especially under load.

Associate
BigDom said:
Whilst they're not a BAD PSU, there are far more complaints about Hipers on the forums than any other of the afformentioned decent brands - except QTec of course. Main complaints being their noise especially under load.

I've also noticed the threads concerning Hipers. Mine has been pretty near silent since i bought it, i'm wondering whether there was/is a particularly bad batch of them on sale for a while.

Soldato
Dreadi said:
are ultra x psu's any good ?

Tend to be fairly generic with nice cases, better off with an antec/enermax/seasonic etc if you have the money.

curvey said:
Are the Antec Phantum 500W still good PSU's ? I havent upgraded my computer for a while and was interested what was good atm.

Cheers

They are good, but they are designed to run passively (they have a fan incase it gets too hot) so they heat the case up a fair bit. Probably better off with a seasonic 500w for a bit less.

Associate
Your best of getting a better well known brand like the ones quoted above. Most the stuff OcUK stocks is good stuff (with a few expections :rolleyes:).

Lol, if you cant afford one im sure you can flog your current PSU somewhere.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom