• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PSU not supplying enough ?

Associate
Having run the 3080 in BFV, the FPS isn't as high as expected. So I ran GPUz in the backlground and saw this

yftojmn.jpg

Is my PSU too old ? It's a BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P10 850W but I bought it over 6 years ago.

Associate
OP
Yeah the idle is the alt tab moments
NV control panel is on max performance, playing in DX 11 with RTX off. When I enabled DX12 and RTX FPS wen through the floor

Associate
OP
All at stock. temps are fine peaking at 74c although GPUz says it's pulling 343w !

Now getting all sorts - but all power related

Xykt8BG.jpg

Associate
OP
I think a failing PSU may not be supplying enough juice and causing the card to throttle and therefore lower performance. There’s also the worry of a dodgy PSU in a very expensive box.
Can multiple power warnings in GPUZ be correct. ? Should I get a new one ?

Associate
OP
I can see this is education week for me. Yes indeed, I'm hitting power limits rather than not enough oomph
Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom