PSU quibble

Associate
Lo guys,

Built my new system at the weekend, and all in all im very happy.

Spec:

A8R32-MVP Deluxe Crossfire
AMD X2 4800+
2GB Corsair
Asus EAX 1900 XT-X Radeon
FSP Sparkle 700 Watt
2 Seagate Barracuda IDE disks, (from old system)
1 WD SATA disk (from old system)
1 LG dvd-rw (from old system)
SB Audigy 2 plat (from old system)

Only annoyance is the new PSU - the FSP700watt is very noisy.

I’ve got the Zalaman CNPS7700 cpu cooler, and it is very quiet. The Radeon is not too bad either. id say 80% of the current noise from the system is from the PSU.

Is there a good quiet/silent alternative to the FPS that will power my system ok? I will look at maybe running crossfire later, so i grant i need a lot of power (600 or 700watt's)

Any suggestions.

Also probably a silly question, but would OCUK take the PSU back and give credit off of a different PSU for this reason - just thought id ask.

Seasonic S12 600W, got one and its quality. Seasonic seem to be renowned for their quiet PSU's.

Or Enermax Liberty 620W, that was my other consideration when I went for the Seasonic.

Both seem to be highly recommended round here :)

Ordering a similar spec to you soon and I am going for the Seasonic S12 600W. Quiet operation and excellent PSU. It was highly recommended to me, and now I am recommending it to you! :D

SiriusB

Fenlock said:
Also probably a silly question, but would OCUK take the PSU back and give credit off of a different PSU for this reason - just thought id ask.

The only way to know is to ask, if they are feeling generous then they might but they would be under no obligation to do so. The Distance Selling Act may be of some use to you but bear in mind it was never intended to be a "try before you buy" sort of thing, it is more for when you change your mind about a product before use to give you a cooling off period.

Seasonic 600w or Enermax Liberty 620w(has the benefit of being modular) are both well worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom