PSU Suggestions

Associate
Yes mock me all you like!! Having shelled out for the system in my sig, I now need a decent power supply as my unbranded 500W one appears to be causing grief.

Basically when the computer is under load it just shuts down with no warning then boots back up again, so unless its the extra gig of RAM I put in on thrursday I think the PSU has got to go.

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent PSU (not too expensive), I'm not sure exactly how many watts are required (can't find a calculator with modern graphics cards listed!).

Also, can anyone give any info for air cooling - my case is a little hot for my liking, would a PCI fan-card and another case fan be of much use?

semi-pro waster said:
What counts as not too expensive? FSP, Antec, Enermax, Tagan, Hiper and Seasonic all make good PSUs, some of which will probably be in your price range. Given your system specifications I'd be looking at anywhere from 400w+.

If possible i'd like to keep below £60

I think i'd rather be generous with the Watts, as I use quite a few USB devices and my sound card is quite hungry (external box as well as internal PCI card)

This sounds like a good deal:

FSP Sparkle AX500-A Blue Storm 500W ATX2.0 PSU (CA-005-SK)
If you're building or upgrading to a highly specified PC, you'll need a power supply that meets its demands. FSP says that the Blue Storm is more than 85 per cent efficient, which should keep electricity bills down.

- Blue-coated casing
- LED lighted power switch
- Automatic airflow control
- 12cm blue fan
- Mesh sleeving on output cables
- Flexible smart housing connector
- Under 30dBA low noise design
- Power consumption on standby(<1W)
- BSCC (Blue Storm Cooling Control) with optimized structure for whisper-quiet operation
- Environmentally friendly with the incorporation of PFC technology
- Voltage stability even under heavy loads

Full Specification

Price: £49.95 (£58.69 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Back
Top Bottom