PSU - Which to choose from?

Soldato
Hi all,

Some of you may have seen me ask this before off-topic on other threads but I only got 2 or 3 replies, I thought I might as well make a dedicated thread asking about this so I can get as many people's input on this as possible :)

I have the following:
  • DFI SLI-DR Mobo (*NOT* the expert edition)
  • Athlon 64 3700+ @ 3.06GHz, 1.74v (Mach II cooled)
  • 2x512MB Corsair TCCD (soon to be replaced by 2x1GB mushkin redlines and watercooled, so high volts on that! [3.5-3.6v])
  • X1900XT-X
  • Audigy 2
  • 2 150GB Raptors
  • 1 400GB WD 16M hdd
  • 1 Optical drive
  • 4 Case fans
  • 2 CC tubes (using 1 invertor)
  • 2 Round Fan-mounted UV CC's (using 1 invertor)
Because I'm overclocking the CPU heavily, my 480W tagan does not seem to be up to the job and needs replacing asap.

The PSU needs to be:
  • Silent
  • Able to cope with the above, plus have the capacity to eventually power an additional 1900XT-X in Crossfire mode.
  • Modular (the ATX connector too if possible)
Any recommendations? :)

Soldato
Silverstone Strider ST60F 600W PSU

60f.jpg

Permabanned
That aint too silent.

I would say the Seasonic S12, trust me, modular aint that good, also, because you have a very power hungry system you dont want to interefere with the power.

Go for the S12 600W, but if you MUST have modular, Enermax 620W Liberty.

But for the love of god, dont get a HIPER.

Soldato
OP
Noni said:
That aint too silent.

I would say the Seasonic S12, trust me, modular aint that good, also, because you have a very power hungry system you dont want to interefere with the power.

Go for the S12 600W, but if you MUST have modular, Enermax 620W Liberty.

But for the love of god, dont get a HIPER.
The only reason I want modular is because I dont want to have to hide away the connectors I'm not going to use.

Was considering the enermax as I used to have a 550W one (only 20pin ATX, which is why i replaced it).

Will probably go with the enermax tbh :)

BubbySoup said:
Silverstone Strider ST60F 600W PSU
<pic>
aren't all the stickers on that PSU actually upside down once mounted in the case? :p Also how silent (or not) is it exactly ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to agree with noni - dont get a hiper

I have a 580w modular variety thats a pain in the preverbial - much prefer my 480w tagan u01

Back
Top Bottom