Puegeot 108 Issue with new instrument cluster

Associate
Hi all,

I recently changed the instrument cluster on my 108 Active for one with a Rev counter. Done by following the guide from Toyota to do it. But now there is an issue where the Stop light flashes and the coolant temp light remains on. Also, the part that tells you to change up and change down no longer seems to work.

All connectors were correctly connected an clipped in, so unsure what the issue is.

Here is a video to show what I mean: link

All the other instruments work correctly, like the rev counter and speedo.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I know you said you followed a guide from Toyota - do you have a link to this guide so we can see exactly what the steps were?

Does it it need to be recoded (especially as it's a different model cluster)

It was from here, which I did have to pay for: link

Since it is a badge engineered car along with the Toyota Aygo and Citroen C1, the guide would be the exact same for each of these cars and Peugeot confirmed this.

The cluster had the exact same model number, but came from a model with the 1.2 (engine code EB2) engine whereas mine is the 1.0 (engine code 1KR-FE) engine, so maybe it needs to go to Peugeot to be recoded?

Okay. Without actually seeing the guide this is a bit tricky, but it's certainly possible that recoding would be required. But, stupid stuff first - you did have the battery disconnected *for a while* before starting the swap right? And you've checked the fuses since?

Okay. Without actually seeing the guide this is a bit tricky, but it's certainly possible that recoding would be required. But, stupid stuff first - you did have the battery disconnected *for a while* before starting the swap right? And you've checked the fuses since?
Yes, the guide recommended about 90 seconds, but I did for about 5 minutes before I started following the guide.

The OBD reader was getting a reading about the coolant temp which seemed within normal ranges.

It does this on startup from cold too.

I'll have to double check the fuses when I get home from work.

I can DM the guide if you want me to? It's in image format since Toyota don't let you save and print it. Probably would break some rules doing that.

Yes, the guide recommended about 90 seconds, but I did for about 5 minutes before I started following the guide.

The OBD reader was getting a reading about the coolant temp which seemed within normal ranges.

It does this on startup from cold too.

I'll have to double check the fuses when I get home from work.

I can DM the guide if you want me to? It's in image format since Toyota don't let you save and print it. Probably would break some rules doing that.
Hi
I’ve got the same issue, is there a fix.?
I’ll be honest I didn’t follow any instructions because I didn’t have any..
I take it all has to be switched off so all modules can reboot?

Back
Top Bottom