Puerco Pibil

Soldato
OK - having watching Once Upon a Time in Mexico recently I decided to follow the Robert Rodriguez recipe for Puerco Pibil

Now I made this and unfortunately I forgot to lower the temperture for my fan asssited oven and it has dried out more than I would like.

I have eaten it and it tastes AMAZING - but I have quite a bit left over.

2011-07-24202804.jpg

With it being so dry I am not sure how best to reheat it. I was thinking maybe adding some OJ to it to deglaze the pan a bit. Will possibly make some sandwiches with it cold as well.

Caporegime
Razor, The Asian Cookshop is a great place for these obscure ingredients. very reasonably priced as well.

http://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/annatto-seeds-2293-p.asp

Also, blenders cant grind seeds like coffee grinders can. They are just too big. When you drop the seeds in, they fall down and the blades cant reach them. A hand blender may work, but a coffee grinder is best. Or try a Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for that link! Looks very decent, may have to pick up other stuff from there which the smaller Tescos don't sell.

Hmm, I was thinking of the getting the Philips HR2020 blender and in the description in says ''From soft fruits to hard coffee beans...''. Would the seeds still be too small do you reckon?

uv

uv

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom