Pump died? Homebase to the rescue! (temporary fix)

Associate
My pump died (I killed it) on Friday night :eek:

I couldn't face the weekend without the pooter, so I went down to Homebase (out of desperation) on Saturday and to my delight, I found a Hozelock 450 pump (for £22) which works great as a temporary fix!

cascade-450.jpg

It's sat in a bowl of water merrily pumping away - until I get chance to hook-up my new pump. The temps are just the same, even though it's flowing slower!

Of course, it's only temporary solution, until you get round to buying a replacement from overclockers.co.uk :cool:

- Toff.

Don
Toff said:
My pump died (I killed it) on Friday night :eek:

I couldn't face the weekend without the pooter, so I went down to Homebase (out of desperation) on Saturday and to my delight, I found a Hozelock 450 pump (for £22) which works great as a temporary fix!

cascade-450.jpg

It's sat in a bowl of water merrily pumping away - until I get chance to hook-up my new pump. The temps are just the same, even though it's flowing slower!

Of course, it's only temporary solution, until you get round to buying a replacement from overclockers.co.uk :cool:

- Toff.

Thats just shocking :)

Stelly

Associate
OP
hehe.. well it did the trick and...

I was able to hoof a load of ice into the bowl to lower my temps further :D

Us loft dwellers are the real victims of this heat!

- Toff.

Associate
Toff said:
I might throw some pond weed in there just to add to the effect ;)

It's summer, might as well decorate the computer!

Not a bad temp replacement though! I'm pretty sure a pet fish store nearby me has shedloads of decent pumps, so if anyone's crashes, and you don't wanna go for the ghetto option, pop down to your local fish store!

Back
Top Bottom