Punching bags & boxing gloves

Associate
Hi,

I want to get a punching bag (or maybe one of those people shaped things with lights (that i assume light up and you have to punch it, for reflexes)) & some boxing gloves.

What should I be getting? For gloves, I assume quite thin ones (just enough so i don't knacker my knuckles), not massive gloves. For a bag, is heaviest better?

I'm going to join a kickboxing thing next month, just want to get some practice so i don't hit like a pussy lol

thanks

Associate
OP
bought one myself a short while ago.

got a combined chipup/pullup and punchbag frame from the high street catalogue shop, and went to decathlon for the bag. they have a nice selection hung up so you can see which might be best for you.

I'll probably order online, can't think of any local places that would have different punch bags to try out.

whats the difference between them? Is it just how much they move/swing when you hit them?

Also, isn't it meant to harden your knuckles by using thin gloves/no gloves?

Associate
OP
why would you want to harden your knuckles?

so they won't break easily?

same as above really, but when they show you the technique make sure you pick it up. most important thing about it. a spin kick is just gonna make you look like a prat if you dont even know how to spin properly lol. and placement of the kick too lol, the amount of people I seen (I've done it myself mind you) that just spin and throw their leg out is silly especially when it lands in someones face and not the padding lol. been on the recieving end of one of those :p

with the powers of youtube i should be able to master it ;p ;)

Back
Top Bottom